• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Is everyone on Ye Olde Inn a HQ25 hater? Dungeon Saga too?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Will you be picking up HQ25 or Dungeon Saga?

I crowdfunded HQ25 and Dungeon Saga
2
4%
I crowdfunded HQ25
8
17%
I crowdfunded Dungeon Saga
9
19%
I hate HQ25 and Dungeon Saga (Long live the original Heroquest!)
7
15%
I hate HQ25
7
15%
I hate Dungeon Saga
0
No votes
I will be picking up HQ25 or Dungeon Saga if either gets a favorable review
14
30%
 
Total votes : 47

Re: Is everyone on Ye Olde Inn a HQ25 hater? Dungeon Saga t

Postby slev » April 7th, 2016, 4:41 am

Am I surprised? No.

Under Hanlon's Razor, I've long since assumed Gamezone to be completely incompetant when it comes to IP, promotion, PR, etc.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Is everyone on Ye Olde Inn a HQ25 hater? Dungeon Saga t

Postby Thantos » April 7th, 2016, 5:58 am

Whats this news? :O I dont speak law :(
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 782
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 6:28 am
Location: UK
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Is everyone on Ye Olde Inn a HQ25 hater? Dungeon Saga t

Postby Anderas » April 7th, 2016, 6:16 am

"Heroquest Classic" has been rejected to be a brand name in the US for five or six reasons. One of them is that the applying company is not the same like in the document. Such kind of failures you really shouldn't do.

The most important is that the product of GZ "Heroquest Classic" is regarded as Role Play Gaming Material, or at least targeting the same customer group like a RPG, and as such it would be in direct concurrence to the US Role play game "Heroquest".


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear
 
Posts: 3397
Images: 73
Joined: September 20th, 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Is everyone on Ye Olde Inn a HQ25 hater? Dungeon Saga t

Postby slev » April 7th, 2016, 6:22 am

In HeroQuest terms:

No, Gamezone, you can't move the Dwarf like that.

Why?

1. It's the EWP's turn, not yours.
2. It involves moving through a wall and over a bottomless chasm.
3. It involves moving 13 spaces, the dwarf only moves 2d6.
4. You rollec combat dice for movement.
5. You're playing the Elf, not the Dwarf.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Is everyone on Ye Olde Inn a HQ25 hater? Dungeon Saga t

Postby Thantos » April 7th, 2016, 8:28 am

Ahh thanks Andreas :P I wonder what they will change the name to now. ..

Slev is speaking my language now :lol: lol
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 782
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 6:28 am
Location: UK
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Is everyone on Ye Olde Inn a HQ25 hater? Dungeon Saga t

Postby knightkrawler » April 7th, 2016, 9:22 am

slev wrote:In HeroQuest terms:

No, Gamezone, you can't move the Dwarf like that.

Why?

1. It's the EWP's turn, not yours.
2. It involves moving through a wall and over a bottomless chasm.
3. It involves moving 13 spaces, the dwarf only moves 2d6.
4. You rollec combat dice for movement.
5. You're playing the Elf, not the Dwarf.


Priceless.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Is everyone on Ye Olde Inn a HQ25 hater? Dungeon Saga t

Postby Dirtydubya » August 9th, 2017, 8:40 pm

For anyone that hasn't been keeping up, people that backed this game still have yet to receive a copy. Some folks have taken legal matters into getting their money back. It's a mess, unfortunately. It sucks that copyright laws exist, but that's capitalism, I suppose. But it's even worse if the company willfully and knowingly fooled backers into thinking they had the right to do this.

As someone that just wants to play the Heroquest board game without spending bookoo bucks on a copy on eBay, I hope this game somehow reaches shelves and people get to play it. Because I'm interested in it and I want to see people happy.
Dirtydubya
 
Posts: 7
Joined: August 8th, 2017, 5:29 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Re: Is everyone on Ye Olde Inn a HQ25 hater? Dungeon Saga t

Postby IvenBach » August 9th, 2017, 9:43 pm

Dirtydubya wrote:For anyone that hasn't been keeping up, people that backed this game still have yet to receive a copy. Some folks have taken legal matters into getting their money back. It's a mess, unfortunately. It sucks that copyright laws exist, but that's capitalism, I suppose. But it's even worse if the company willfully and knowingly fooled backers into thinking they had the right to do this.

As someone that just wants to play the Heroquest board game without spending bookoo bucks on a copy on eBay, I hope this game somehow reaches shelves and people get to play it. Because I'm interested in it and I want to see people happy.


I didn't back because of this very reason. While I would like people that backed a project to get what they backed for.

If something's too good to be true, it probably is.


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Is everyone on Ye Olde Inn a HQ25 hater? Dungeon Saga t

Postby DarakuTenshi » August 10th, 2017, 5:20 pm

I don't recall if I ever replied to this topic or not so I voted and am now replying. I for one was super excited about the original crowdfunder that ended up being canceled. I then jumped on the next one that popped up. I'm still eagerly awaiting the game to be finalized and released. I really want to play it and like some of the changes they made to it. But, I am really upset over the lack of communication and feel there is something going on that they are not mentioning as it was supposed to be finished by now.
DarakuTenshi

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 78
Joined: May 8th, 2013, 1:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Is everyone on Ye Olde Inn a HQ25 hater? Dungeon Saga t

Postby cynthialee » August 10th, 2017, 6:24 pm

DarakuTenshi wrote:I don't recall if I ever replied to this topic or not so I voted and am now replying. I for one was super excited about the original crowdfunder that ended up being canceled. I then jumped on the next one that popped up. I'm still eagerly awaiting the game to be finalized and released. I really want to play it and like some of the changes they made to it. But, I am really upset over the lack of communication and feel there is something going on that they are not mentioning as it was supposed to be finished by now.

hun, you got ripped off

no one is going to see their stuff

Failed to meet the deadline.
Has not responded to inquiries.

writing is on the wall
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron