• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Know I've seen it in here

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby Gold Bearer » March 15th, 2016, 7:35 pm

knightkrawler wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:redirect that energy to try making something decent of your own?
Anderas has done that quite often.
He's tried to.

MadMickyG wrote:And I will get my Village of Chaos done eventually. Chaos Sorcerers turning villagers to Chaos Warriors to build their army. Save the villagers before they are all turned and get overrun my Chaos Warriors!
Ooh, that sounds fun. I might steal that for a zombie quest. :)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby knightkrawler » March 16th, 2016, 1:21 am

Gold Bearer wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:redirect that energy to try making something decent of your own?
Anderas has done that quite often.
He's tried to.


Oh, I forgot. You be the judge and jury of trial and success.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby Anderas » March 16th, 2016, 1:43 am




The main reason for the buffs as they are is to promote teamwork amongst my kids. My son likes to take his Battlemage off and look for treasure alone.


Here we go! The point is getting all of them together in a room is difficult for your kids. |_P


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear
 
Posts: 3397
Images: 73
Joined: September 20th, 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby Gold Bearer » March 16th, 2016, 7:19 am

knightkrawler wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:redirect that energy to try making something decent of your own?
Anderas has done that quite often.
He's tried to.
Oh, I forgot. You be the judge and jury of trial and success.
That is a totally hollow comment in that it's completely generic, it can be used any time anybody expresses an opinion of any kind.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby mitchiemasha » March 16th, 2016, 9:32 am

I thought it's always better to work together to try come up with a universally agreed mod, bringing about a more standardise set of improvements.

There is lil change in the list from the original, except making it fit on 1 page, uniformly. I've never played these mods, I liked the idea and wanted it to include a write up of it in my spiced up. I'll have a look at the stop mechanics later... I don't really see them as too much of a power buff as it's using both spells with an interesting twist.


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:05 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby Gold Bearer » March 16th, 2016, 11:13 am

mitchiemasha wrote:I thought it's always better to work together to try come up with a universally agreed mod, bringing about a more standardise set of improvements.
That will never work, especially with someone here who goes out of their way to invent faults with everything I create. Everyone has their ideas about what works best for them. As far as I'm concerned those spells are done and don't need any alterations. They were designed to be simple and any changes would just make them more fiddly.

mitchiemasha wrote:There is lil change in the list from the original, except making it fit on 1 page, uniformly. I've never played these mods, I liked the idea and wanted it to include a write up of it in my spiced up. I'll have a look at the stop mechanics later... I don't really see them as too much of a power buff as it's using both spells with an interesting twist.
Exactly, and the spells will be limited to the three sets the wizard has. It will make choosing which spells to cast a lot more tactical. I'd probably do it in stages so that they can cast the six original combined spells first, then the four three spell ones, then the rest or it might be too much to take in all at once.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby Anderas » March 16th, 2016, 1:30 pm

Having a "common" Set means having things compatible to the base game so that you just can optionally add the rules.
Like the original extensions: You don't have to add Mercenaries. But because they are written compatible to the original game, you can add them whenever you like. Even in the Base Game Quests.
Important for that is, that the strength level of the newly invented things don't require anybody to re-write all the original quests. As soon as you have to touch the quests in order to keep them level with the Heroes, it is still a possible mod and absolutely ok for somebody's personal HQ version.
But then it is not compatible with everything anymore. That would mean it cannot be used in a "common" set to choose from (without rewriting the Quests i mean).


So for compatibility, what about writing it like this:

Courage (US + MadMickyG Mod):
Range: Ranged Magic
Cost: Cast action, discard card.
Effect: The next time the target attacks, he may roll two extra combat dice.
Optional: Discard additional fire spell cards and include one additional target per card discarded.


2 targets for 2 cards, 3 targets for 3 cards, and in case of custom spell sets (like the one of Slev) with more than 3 fire spells, you can add even more targets.

Advantages: No need to touch the game rules. You have an optional card you can use as exchange for the original spell. The card provides just more targets and - important for balance - has linear casting costs. The effect is somewhat better than linear because of course everybody will use it in the face of a big enemy group, but ok.
Because this way of modding it doesn't change the overall balance too much, you don't have to reinvent all the quests just to include it.

Change of perspective: Giving it to a Morcar Character would also be feasible because the heroes would do door blocking as defense and survive. If you can use it even in reversed perspective without killing entire groups, it is not too strong.

For your personal version, with your kids, you can make it a lot stronger - As it is just to teach them working together. They might want a big chunk of chocolate as payment as well. :D Really, the pedagogic effect plus the fact that it is your personal version - i would do whatever is needed to reach the goal. So we maybe end up having two versions. One compatible and one for your kids. :mrgreen:


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear
 
Posts: 3397
Images: 73
Joined: September 20th, 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby Gold Bearer » March 16th, 2016, 2:34 pm

Completely missing the point of what makes combining different spells interesting and trying to encourage people to move as far as possible away from the initial idea. You're so transparent. Go away.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby mitchiemasha » March 17th, 2016, 5:19 pm

Anderas... that might be a good idea. But, like Gold bearer said it's another idea onto itself, completely different from the combining spell idea. I do like the idea of working towards a "common set" that's kind of what I've been doing for the past year or 2.

Asfor...
That will never work

I'll have to disagree. When actual games are released that very process happens. Different members working on the project will have different input and the idea will be fine tuned, all contributing to the end product. it's not very 'community' spirit, a closed book if you're not willing to take on board ideas to a few alterations.

Personally I'd be happy if someone took on my ideas and worked them further, making a nice table etc. Projects are no fun on your own.
Last edited by mitchiemasha on March 17th, 2016, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:05 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby Super Saiyan Musashi » March 17th, 2016, 6:38 pm

I like some of these combined-element spells; I've often thought about coming up with a few spells that would use 2-part elements from Grandia. The spells would be more powerful than the standards but require spending 2 standards to cast.

Grandia uses:
Earth+Water: Tree
Fire+Earth: Explosion
Fire+Wind: Lightning
Water+Wind: Snow
User avatar
Super Saiyan Musashi

Fimir
Fimir
 
Posts: 69
Joined: February 20th, 2015, 12:49 am
Location: Manchester, CT
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests