• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hello from a long time lurker

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Hello from a long time lurker

Postby mitchiemasha » March 25th, 2015, 9:22 pm

Crazy that the burglars took the games. I bet they didn't know the value they'd of rose too... And, welcome!!!


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:05 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Hello from a long time lurker

Postby Diggin » March 26th, 2015, 5:16 am

el_flesh wrote:Important question: will you be stripping the flash off your minis and painting them?
This dictates whether you're welcomed warmly or coolly.


It wasn't untill looking at pictures around here that i started worrying about flash myself... I guess i'll be removing more flash from now on.

Hey welcome to the Inn
"Good and Evil, there never is one without the other."
Diggin

Fimir
Fimir
 
Posts: 68
Images: 0
Joined: January 8th, 2015, 8:35 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Hello from a long time lurker

Postby mitchiemasha » March 26th, 2015, 7:17 am

Quick question, what is flash?


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:05 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Hello from a long time lurker

Postby knightkrawler » March 26th, 2015, 8:03 am

Remnants from the manufacturing process, mostly a thin irregularity where the two molds meet during casting.
In HQ figures, it's... prominent, to say the least.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Hello from a long time lurker

Postby garose74 » March 26th, 2015, 7:12 pm

mitchiemasha wrote:Crazy that the burglars took the games. I bet they didn't know the value they'd of rose too... And, welcome!!!


They took a lot more than the games. The worst bit was, they loaded up my car with the stuff they nicked and pinched that as well.
:barbarian: :dwarf: :elf: :wizard:
garose74
 
Posts: 3
Joined: March 2nd, 2015, 3:10 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Re: Hello from a long time lurker

Postby mitchiemasha » March 26th, 2015, 11:10 pm

Harsh! I got burgled once but a time of poverty, living in a bed sit, all I had was clothes and my rave vinyl, luckily they took my clothes.


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:05 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Hello from a long time lurker

Postby el_flesh » March 29th, 2015, 11:06 am

Well hell, I paint HORRIBLY, too - so I just remove the flash, and get skilled painters to paint them! It's well worth the investment even if you have to cough up some $$$ for it! Just check the galleries!
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1315
Images: 4
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Hello from a long time lurker

Postby cynthialee » March 29th, 2015, 3:25 pm

el_flesh wrote:Well hell, I paint HORRIBLY, too - so I just remove the flash, and get skilled painters to paint them! It's well worth the investment even if you have to cough up some $$$ for it! Just check the galleries!

I have a standing bribe with my players of free experience points for painted mini's. (amount of points depends on the power level of the campaign I am running) Points may be added to 1 character of choice for each mini painted. Now I know HQ doesn't have experience points, but if you have a table top role play group you Game Master for perhaps you could leverage some players to get to painting.
It was watching my sweetie paint mini's for exp that got me started in painting. She was doing it well enough, but if she was painting the mini's, they were painted with color schemes she preferred. So I started painting them also so some came out looking like what I wanted. Mainly I just do a paint in the lines and then wash them kinda thing with minimal shading and color layering as I am not good at that. I am not very good at intense detail, but the mini's look better than they do out of the box.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Lobby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest