• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby sajungzak » December 22nd, 2014, 9:37 pm

Jafazo wrote:I mostly enjoy the mechanics of any RPG, Hero Quest included...
...I don't think I could tolerate a game using the old rules.


Image

What?! The beauty of this game is in its simplicity. I try to keep it somewhat fast paced, more fighting, less thinking. Although, I should say, the people I play it with are mostly regular board/card-gamers; to them, it is an RPG.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 600
Joined: May 19th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Location: Spokane, Washington
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby mako-heart » December 23rd, 2014, 12:38 am

I have been slipping on my HQsets to be honest, personal *lemony goodness* in life takes priority. sorry i haven't posted lately. it comes in waves. * water college* it's tough to get a group of players together thats all i have to say about that,

Forest,
Forest Gump. :lol:
ALL YOUR WALL SPELL BASES ARE BELONG TO US!!!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
mako-heart

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 444
Images: 15
Joined: February 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: Elk river, MN
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby Sjeng » December 23rd, 2014, 4:39 am

the_nine_riders wrote:I'm hoping to be able to teach my children how to play when they get a little bit older. Any body have any tips on getting your kids interested in the game?

Paint your minis. Show them. Sold.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby Schmidt » December 23rd, 2014, 11:54 am

Sjeng wrote:
the_nine_riders wrote:I'm hoping to be able to teach my children how to play when they get a little bit older. Any body have any tips on getting your kids interested in the game?

Paint your minis. Show them. Sold.

We just played that library Drizzt game and my 8yr old said "these figures are boring! Can't we paint them?" Very tempting.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Schmidt

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 328
Joined: July 20th, 2013, 12:12 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby Sinned » February 12th, 2015, 11:06 am

Goblin-King wrote:
It got me wondering, so just for giggles... Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

25 years ago I played it every week....before moving on to AHQ (briefly), MERP, AD&D, SW RPG and quitting games around 1993/1994.

It all started again 12 years ago with LOTR risk....and back to HQ. Not weekly, but say 4 times a year.

Nowadays I have +-4 gamenights a year in which Star Trek Catan is played, and (since december) Imperial Assault. (in my humble opinion the best 2 games out there)

When my kids are old enough I hope HQ will be played on a weekly basis again.

Oh, and this beauty will be played again as well.....
Image


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
User avatar
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 271
Images: 11
Joined: February 21st, 2012, 1:29 pm
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby knightkrawler » February 12th, 2015, 11:12 am

This picture gives me fragglin' nightmares.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby slev » February 12th, 2015, 11:47 am

Makes me want to dance my cares away.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby Fullork345 » February 15th, 2015, 9:29 pm

Sinned wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:
It got me wondering, so just for giggles... Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

25 years ago I played it every week....before moving on to AHQ (briefly), MERP, AD&D, SW RPG and quitting games around 1993/1994.

It all started again 12 years ago with LOTR risk....and back to HQ. Not weekly, but say 4 times a year.

Nowadays I have +-4 gamenights a year in which Star Trek Catan is played, and (since december) Imperial Assault. (in my humble opinion the best 2 games out there)

When my kids are old enough I hope HQ will be played on a weekly basis again.

Oh, and this beauty will be played again as well.....
Image



What game is that?


And sadly, the game is considered to simplistic for me to get my group into it. If I ever get or make the barbarian/elf/wizard/ogre expansions, I might be able to convince them to play those. But that's about it.
Fullork345

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion
 
Posts: 184
Joined: January 3rd, 2013, 7:22 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby Redav » February 15th, 2015, 10:31 pm

Looks like a Fraggle Rock one?
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master
 
Posts: 486
Joined: June 22nd, 2013, 6:28 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby Blammo » October 18th, 2015, 8:56 pm

I still play!

Well yeah i play. I just got back into HQ after a 20 year absence, but I'm back at it again......this time I have my own kid's filling a couple of seats at the game table.....and an occasional cousin.

Played twice this month so far! :D
User avatar
Blammo

Skeleton
Skeleton
 
Posts: 23
Joined: October 7th, 2015, 10:30 am
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests