• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Well, it is time to say farewell and sell

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Well, it is time to say farewell and sell

Postby Ryno » November 23rd, 2014, 10:20 pm

My family and I really enjoyed this game in the past. I loved chatting with you guys about awesome custom expansions. I was highly inspired and even developed some of my own custom things, some finished some not, some tweaked from others here, some original. As it stands I have gotten much much more into modern boardgaming and I think that my family and friends have grown out of HeroQuest as we haven't played a game of HeroQuest in about 2-3 years. I hope this isn't against the rules, I just wanted to make you guys aware of my auction, especially as it has those shopping-guru.de custom colored dice, unique and awesome stuff. www.ebay.com/itm/-/171554737204

Thank you to the most dedicated, talented and awesome community on the internets! If posting this link is illegal, feel free to delete the link from my post.
User avatar
Ryno

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 75
Joined: August 8th, 2010, 5:57 am
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Well, it is time to say farewell and sell

Postby cynthialee » November 24th, 2014, 2:08 am

Wow. Big price tag. Wish I had that kind of scratch.

I couldn't part with my HQ stuff. Even when I am not playing HQ the furniture and monsters see far to much use at the RPG table for me to ever part with them.
My players love the furniture and doors.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Well, it is time to say farewell and sell

Postby knightkrawler » November 24th, 2014, 4:27 am

I think it's illegal to sell such an awesome collection.
...
The price tag is actually a bargain if every expansion box on there is filled. I wish you and your family a wonderful future and that you're not taken by the fever after you sold the stuff. Farewell and play on, whatever you play.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Well, it is time to say farewell and sell

Postby Goblin-King » November 24th, 2014, 7:33 am

You are gonna want to play again in a couple of years. And then you are gonna be kicking yourself for ever letting it go! Just saying...

Pricetag IS pretty fair! The NA expansions are usually around £200-250 per set!
In this deal they are probably closer to £100-150.
But of course you get a lot of Kellar's Keep which you probably have no use for...


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Well, it is time to say farewell and sell

Postby torilen » November 24th, 2014, 9:10 am

I haven't played in well over 10 years, maybe 15 or 20. I keep mine. I'm sure most of
us on here would agree that you'll regret selling it in a year or two. If nothing else, it
offers me a fantasy game design and fantasy world design outlet....something structured
and the Inn offers a place to actually show off what I have designed, instead of it just
being for me.

But, good luck either way.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Well, it is time to say farewell and sell

Postby cornixt » November 24th, 2014, 10:51 am

You aren't saving it for when the grandchildren get old enough?!


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
cornixt

Ogre
Ogre
 
Posts: 813
Joined: November 4th, 2014, 12:56 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Well, it is time to say farewell and sell

Postby knightkrawler » November 24th, 2014, 4:49 pm

I sold my original set (game system and all four EU expansions) for drug funds in 2006.
In 2008, I regretted that.
In 2011, I had my girlfriend give the whole deal to me for Christmas.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Well, it is time to say farewell and sell

Postby Ryno » November 24th, 2014, 7:11 pm

The real issue was that the game wasn't fun for me anymore. My family still loved it, but I was just facilitating games not really playing them. I didn't want to ever kill my wife and son's heroes (that were leveled up) because they would totally hate me for it. It wasn't the type of game I could get my friends into. Because they were leveled up I balanced with custom baddies, colored dice, tactics etc. I might have been able to figure out ways to balance or play the game better rather than just facilitating but up to that point I already had spent dozens upon dozens of hours customizing (and/or using yours). I asked myself, do I want to live in the past and continue trying to fix a game that for me is broken? Or do I want to buy, try and enjoy a massive variety of other games out there? I/we since have played a lot of games like Star Wars lcg, x-wing miniatures, lord of the rings LCG, agricola, kingsburg, marvel legendary, carcassonne, pandemic, Robinson crusoe, settlers of catan, etc, etc. And yes of course I got descent which I find fun but ironically my family does not.
User avatar
Ryno

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 75
Joined: August 8th, 2010, 5:57 am
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Well, it is time to say farewell and sell

Postby IvenBach » November 26th, 2014, 2:13 am

Ryno wrote:do I want to live in the past and continue trying to fix a game that for me is broken?

While I don't feel that the HQ rule system is broken it does leave me wanting for more in some ways. I'd say lacking fits better than broken. Nice collection and hope you get top dollar for it. Methinks you'll be getting a decent payout for it. Enjoy your travels along other gaming paths. Draw inspiration from HQ in keeping it simple yet effective no matter what gaming system you're on. Above all else have fun!


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Well, it is time to say farewell and sell

Postby Daedalus » December 1st, 2014, 1:23 am

Ryno, sorry to hear you've found your limit, but I'm happy to hear you have better horizons planned. Feel free to lurk or post again in the future. Old members are always welcome back.
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5329
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member


Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Facebook [Bot] and 6 guests