| Champion Character Cards A Champion Character Card may be exchanged for the corresponding Hero Character Card if a Hero chooses a Path of Light or Darkness. These cards list a Hero's new abilities and possibly a restriction. |
![]() |
| Ballroom The large ballroom is used as either a throne room or courtyard by two rival houses. |
![]() |
| Hall of Magic This room is the site of strange rituals and effects harnessed by evil spellcasters. |
![]() |
| Large Corridor These tiles are laid over rooms to create new, double-wide corridors. |
![]() |
| Graves Graves may be used as tombs. They may contain an undead creature and/or a treasure. They may also have traps on them. |
![]() |
Maybe the entry above should be renamed Coffins to match RotWL. The contents materials list would also need 2 grave tiles to be renamed to 2 coffin tiles.
| Portal of Souls This portal leads to the land of the dead. Monsters may return through it as allies. |
![]() |
The portal doesn't require an icon, as it's a spell effect. I changed world of the dead from the spell card to the more traditional land of the dead. I think the spell card should be changed to land of the dead, as well. If this isn't done, then you may optionally word the tile description with world of the dead to match the unchanged spell description.
| Companion Markers These represent hired allies that follow the Heroes. They should be marked for identification with the accompanying Companion Cards. If Companion figures are instead used, they may be initialed and stuck to the bottom of the figures to distinguish them from another Hero's Companions. |
![]() |
I'm not positive, but I believe this is how they are intended to be used, based on later text. Marking them is an assumption on my part. I think they should be reworked with individual pictures like the Guard, Wraith, and Villager tiles.
knightkrawler wrote:
What I need are the icons for monsters, companions, and rooms.
For now I was able to proxy them with mediocrely fitting icons from the all-in-one pack, but that's far from perfection.
I don't know how to make icons, so I'm looking for volunteers...#
ghan very obviously didn't use HeroScribe....
| New Monsters These tokens represent the Guards, Wraiths, and Villagers if figures aren't used. |
![]() |
This tile--16 new monster tiles-- needs to be added to the components list.
| Trap Doors The two trap doors link apparently unconnected rooms via an unseen tunnel. When a Hero or monster steps on a trap door square, he moves instantly to the other trap door square. |
![]() |
Following previously published expansions, I didn't bother to lable duplicated components from the Game System. This includes the rubble tiles, secret doors, and pit traps found in the Champions components appendices.
On a seperate note, I was thinking the cover looked a bit bare on the widened borders of the new format. I'd suggest placing some images centered between each knight and the border in the background, above floor level. Since this is Champion(s) of the Empire, I think it would be appropriate to include images of the two seperate Paths of the Champions, the Path of Light on the Emperor's right and the Path of Darkness on his left (the sinister side). These symbols are found at the bottom of the Champion Character Cards, the white shield and the skull. I'd make them fairly large, but include them as subtle layers of only a slightly different shade (lighter and darker?)















































