AerynB wrote:Old topic, I know, but some players don't always remember the rules as we do. Dave sees a treasure chest; Dave searches for treasure, and usually without searching for traps first. (I'm gonna break him of that habit one of these days. *shakes head*) Anyhoo, I bet when we get to this quest, if he remembers to search for secret doors that is, he'll see the chest and search for treasure, forgetting that the space he's in is sorta supposed to be a corridor.
Don't know what to say about the secret door behind the chest though. Hmm... I know in one of the main system quests (*goes to look up the name*) Quest 5 Melar's Maze, I think, there's a secret door that you only find by searching for treasure, and in this case the throne slides out of the way to reveal the door. I suppose this could happen in this KK quest... but looking at the map, there's really no room for the chest to slide anywhere... darnit. Well, this is probably stupid, but maybe the hero searching for secret doors lifts the chest out of the way and puts it on the table, or shoves it under the table... or, yeah, it's kind of a messed up situation. I think I'm gonna do what drathe suggested and put room F on the other side of the board near the fireplace room.

There all fixed.
Terrellia's Maze, Quest 3 from The Mage of the Mirror, also features a secret door located behind a piece of furniture, in room E. This time, a bookcase moves up to reveal the secret door and provide access to the room beyond. A search for treasure is again the method for revealing the secret door.
Given the bookcase moved upwards rather than to a side, it could be rationalized the blocking chest in the forge room could sink downwards. The tile could also rotate so that the underside of the floor was now upwards and the chest was below. Neither description was mentioned in the Quest notes, unfortunately. It would be a matter of preference to apply the search-for-treasure-and-reveal-the-secret-door method here.