• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquesting Drinks

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby el_flesh » November 14th, 2013, 9:32 am

The brain cells lost from the trip. I've seen some pretty stupid people become even more retarded thanx to drug use.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1315
Images: 4
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby Sotiris » November 14th, 2013, 11:09 am

When we're playing i usually drink wine, not something especially. I prefer beer but with wine there are no often breaks for w.c.
BUT my players remain loyal to their favourite drink: Healing potionsssss!!
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 345
Images: 13
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 3:23 am
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby knightkrawler » November 14th, 2013, 3:51 pm

I stopped doing drugs (full-fledged meth addiction), I quit smoking (3 packs a day), I don't screw around anymore with any harlot I meet (I lost track in the '90s).
I quit getting pissed every time I touched alcohol.
Now I really enjoy a pint of Karlsberg Ur-Pils or some other delicious beverage. I like Gin Tonic and drink one for the taste.

But there was a time when I was wasted on so many levels and so many ways it's a miracle I'm still alive (with a B.A. degree and without any kind of STD, for that matter).
Trust me, once in a while I need to make a joke about it. Or some completely unfunny reference, but mostly jokes.

Just so you know where I come from, and how (un)serious to take my drug references.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby Sjeng » November 14th, 2013, 4:06 pm

Wow, that's quite a history to share with people on the web :o
Glad you got out of that mess! Was is HQ that saved you? :P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby knightkrawler » November 14th, 2013, 4:25 pm

Not quite. It was a legal, very banal, but quite expensive kick in my arse that finally did the job.
HQ came in 2011, but it was a part of that nostalgic wave that came over me when I was finding out who I am by recollecting my childhood and what made me what I am.
It was the decision between collecting Masters of the Universe vintage figures (too static and pointless), building Lego MOCs (way too expensive), continuing my then humongous comic book collection (an almost completed X-Men collection of 6,000 books --> quite pointless, then), or something to own, create, play, paint... HeroQuest and all the hobbies accompanying it.

Finding all the stuff on the internet about that one OOP game I was just missing to hold or look at again, did the job. (I sold the game and all expansions in 2006 for drug money after not having touched it for 12 years).
Digging through OldScratch's and the Inn, I was like, "WTF! There's a freakin' cult following! I can't be that weird!"
So I went and forced my girlfriend to give it to me for X-Mas 2011.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby IvenBach » November 14th, 2013, 6:03 pm

knightkrawler wrote:So I went and forced my girlfriend to give it to me for X-Mas 2011.

We're talking about HQ still... Right? :shock:

Better to never get started with drugs and the like. Skip all that problem phase and start at being :geek: and hope to progress towards :ugeek:


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby TMU » November 15th, 2013, 12:35 am

IvenBach wrote:Better to never get started with drugs and the like. Skip all that problem phase and start at being :geek: and hope to progress towards :ugeek:

Agreed. I haven't even tasted any alcohol in my life. Oh well, our highschools pre-christmas party is coming :P
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1870
Images: 15
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby Sjeng » November 15th, 2013, 7:40 am

I drink, but very little, and only on occasion (going out, parties, etc.). I rarely drink at home. I had my drinking spree when I was at university. And even then I knew when to stop.
Never smoked, never did ANY drugs. HQ is my drug. :P
I seriously hate smoking. But I'd like to leave that discussion out of the Inn. (No smoking allowed in the Inn, you can smoke outside)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby Goblin-King » November 15th, 2013, 8:23 am

Wow! That's a crazy story knightkrawler!
Glad to hear it had a happy ending!

And here I was selling drugs to buy HQ stuff!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby el_flesh » November 15th, 2013, 11:10 am

Yup. Good on ya Knightcrawler - some people don't know when to stop. And then they die. Young.
As for not touching alcohol, mebbe it's a good idea. There's a reason it's so pernicious; it's ALSO a drug of sorts. It makes you feel dam good and can utterly destroy your life if taken to excess.
I guess we could say the same thing about sex, though.
Alcohol has high calories per volume, and when you mix it with sugary sodas or juices the calories can shoot thru the roof. That's another good reason to avoid alcohol AND soda pop AND fruit FLAVORED "juices". You want orange juice? Squeeze some REAL oranges.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1315
Images: 4
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests