• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Treasure Deck Ideas

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Treasure Deck Ideas

Postby drathe » October 15th, 2008, 8:46 pm

I'm liking them... a lot! I also recognise all the pictures except for the one used in Danger!. Where is that one from?
Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 2935
Images: 103
Joined: August 16th, 2008, 2:55 pm
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Treasure Deck Ideas

Postby Phoenix » October 15th, 2008, 9:44 pm

Page 41 of the Advanced HeroQuest Rulebook
Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 469
Images: 0
Joined: August 18th, 2008, 7:54 am
Location: TC, Indiana
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Treasure Deck Ideas

Postby drathe » October 15th, 2008, 9:59 pm

Shows how little attention I've given my Advanced HeroQuest. I mainly got it for the miniatures and tiles.
Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 2935
Images: 103
Joined: August 16th, 2008, 2:55 pm
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Treasure Deck Ideas

Postby Phoenix » October 23rd, 2008, 7:31 pm

Well, I took my initial card run (trial run) to the print shop today...and was sadly disappointed.

There was about 5 or 6 people working, but not the one person who knew how to stick a CD into a computer and hit print. :evil: Morons! :!:

I tried to get them to let me do it, but I couldn't convince them. Never mind the fact that I used to run a copy center (by myself) and knew how to use their equipment OR that I was a paying customer who wanted to have his *lemony goodness* printed and cut before his game.

...pisses me off...
Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 469
Images: 0
Joined: August 18th, 2008, 7:54 am
Location: TC, Indiana
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Treasure Deck Ideas

Postby drathe » October 24th, 2008, 12:11 am

A "Print Shop" that can't "Print". What's next? Coffee Shops that can't serve Coffee? It's a shame really, those cards look great and I'd love to know how a game with the new deck system goes.

Off-Topic (but still HeroQuest related ;) ): I noticed on your boards that you have a huge game board. How much did that run you?
Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 2935
Images: 103
Joined: August 16th, 2008, 2:55 pm
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Treasure Deck Ideas

Postby Phoenix » October 24th, 2008, 8:27 am

$50 bucks (that's American ya' know). So that's probably, what, $15 canadian?
Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 469
Images: 0
Joined: August 18th, 2008, 7:54 am
Location: TC, Indiana
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Treasure Deck Ideas

Postby drathe » October 24th, 2008, 11:36 am

Maybe 6 months ago. Or last month even. Now it'll be $62 CDN. With the drop in oil prices, our Dollar has dropped. High Dollar, high gas prices. Low gas prices, low Dollar. We're able to drive again, but now we can't afford to purchase anything else. Good time to sell on eBay though!
Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 2935
Images: 103
Joined: August 16th, 2008, 2:55 pm
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Treasure Deck Ideas

Postby Phoenix » November 11th, 2008, 10:14 pm

I finally got my Treasure Deck and Elemental Spell cards printed. They looked a lot better than I'd hoped (albeit a bit darker than I was going for...just a lesson in making everything in RGB coloring to be printed on a CMYK Laser Printer *shrugs* "Oh Well" */shrug*).

Currently working on a 10-12 hour work schedule and Artifact/Spell Scroll Cards. Almost done and will have a preview. next will be Chaos Spell Cards (altered slightly for my advanced rule set *stay-tuned*). Then on to Elf Spell Cards/Elite Wizard Cards (WoM), then Combat Cards, etc. I can't wait!!
Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 469
Images: 0
Joined: August 18th, 2008, 7:54 am
Location: TC, Indiana
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Treasure Deck Ideas

Postby drathe » November 11th, 2008, 11:56 pm

Live and learn. Hopefully you'll remember for next time.

Sounds like you're breezing through the cards in spite of a tonne of work hours. Looking forward to the preview.
Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 2935
Images: 103
Joined: August 16th, 2008, 2:55 pm
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Treasure Deck Ideas

Postby Felindar » January 13th, 2009, 3:42 pm

One thing I did was make up a treasure room deck. I used the http://www.trollandtoad.com/p199943.html?PHPSESSID=4b201a9c0f4e9ea227a383fc48ab2559 Cardmaster set from DnD and the dragonstrike cards. I took all of the monsters much many much tougher than Hero quest wrote up stats added the trap and treasure sets. When you can get hit by a 5 body point acid trap you search on your toes.

This is for searching Treasure rooms or the big badguys bedroom ext.

I also used the Warhammer quest deck of encounters and treasure to make a medium deck.

These items need to be adjusted to give a set of bonuses or stats for HQ but it works out well. I alwase tell people how tough the room looks. Just I bet you could find someting NIICCCEEE here so they can deside what they want to do.
God makes us strong for a little wile so we can defend the weak.
User avatar
Felindar

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: September 23rd, 2008, 9:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests