• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Weltenlaeufer's 3-D HeroQuest Board Project

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: W's 3-D Board Project

Postby benvoliothefirst » May 8th, 2020, 11:02 am

VERY COOL. Nice work!
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
benvoliothefirst

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 321
Joined: October 6th, 2016, 1:54 pm
Location: Manchester, NH, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: W's 3-D Board Project

Postby Weltenlaeufer » May 11th, 2020, 3:09 pm

Thanks guys! :D I am on the edge of my seat now to finish this project! ;D

Today I ordered the last mold, soon the final casting binge can start! :mrgreen: :goblin: :orc:

Colormatching is gonna be interesting. The colors on the original board are all kind of washed out and blend together so well. They dont pop. Gotta find a way to best achieve this coherence. I really love the original board, such a piece of art! :)

Image


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
User avatar
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 678
Images: 232
Joined: February 18th, 2019, 12:38 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: W's 3-D Board Project

Postby Dezziedc » July 18th, 2020, 4:21 am

Weltenlaeufer wrote:Thanks guys! :D I am on the edge of my seat now to finish this project! ;D

Today I ordered the last mold, soon the final casting binge can start! :mrgreen: :goblin: :orc:

Colormatching is gonna be interesting. The colors on the original board are all kind of washed out and blend together so well. They dont pop. Gotta find a way to best achieve this coherence. I really love the original board, such a piece of art! :)

Image


Hey Welt, how's this going?
Dezziedc

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 81
Joined: September 5th, 2014, 9:55 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: W's 3-D Board Project

Postby Weltenlaeufer » August 30th, 2020, 5:19 pm

@Dezziedc: Summerweather got in the way :lol: :lol:

Now that the autumn is around the corner, I bet I gonna pick up the project soon.

After looking over the pics I am a bit on the fence if I should go with "fieldstonefloor" hallways like this

Image

Image



or with "plain cracked floor" hallways like this.


Image

Image


Decision point! I like the variety and contrast of the first option with fieldstone as hallways but I also like the clarity of the second one, as it more resembles the original board and the fields are easier to see. I tend a bit more to the first still.

What do you guys think?


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
User avatar
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 678
Images: 232
Joined: February 18th, 2019, 12:38 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: W's 3-D Board Project

Postby whitebeard » August 30th, 2020, 9:17 pm

The plain cracked tiles best match the original and once they are painted they will match perfectly.

Same goes for the middle room. There are other rooms which use small blocks, put the field stone in those.

Either way, it is looking great!
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 988
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: W's 3-D Board Project

Postby Weltenlaeufer » September 5th, 2020, 2:03 pm

whitebeard wrote:The plain cracked tiles best match the original and once they are painted they will match perfectly.

Same goes for the middle room. There are other rooms which use small blocks, put the field stone in those.

Either way, it is looking great!


Thanks Whitebeard! :) Yes the plain cracked tile option is growing on me! Its a clean look and closest to the original. I am currently casting more tiles for special rooms, 24 casts to go, next week is casting week to finish it. I gonna lay out the two options once I am done!


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
User avatar
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 678
Images: 232
Joined: February 18th, 2019, 12:38 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: W's 3-D Board Project

Postby Dezziedc » September 5th, 2020, 6:26 pm

Weltenlaeufer wrote:
whitebeard wrote:The plain cracked tiles best match the original and once they are painted they will match perfectly.

Same goes for the middle room. There are other rooms which use small blocks, put the field stone in those.

Either way, it is looking great!


Thanks Whitebeard! :) Yes the plain cracked tile option is growing on me! Its a clean look and closest to the original. I am currently casting more tiles for special rooms, 24 casts to go, next week is casting week to finish it. I gonna lay out the two options once I am done!


I agree with Whitebeard. At first, I liked the small blocks in the hallway because you could easily tell the difference between the halls and the rooms. However, so many small blocks together looks a bit 'busy'.

The images of the cracked tiles in both rooms and hallways made it difficult to distinguish between the 2. However, I think the difficulty arises because everything is the same colour at the moment. Once you start painting everything, it should create better separation. And as Whitebeard said, you can put some of the smaller block tiles in the rooms anyway.

So I'm thinking the plain cracked tiles in the hallways as well.

I think it looks awesome.
Dezziedc

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 81
Joined: September 5th, 2014, 9:55 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: W's 3-D Board Project

Postby j_dean80 » September 5th, 2020, 8:00 pm

The issue I see with the small blocks is it’s hard to tell the lines for each square. The cracked tiles are cleaner and show the “squares” still. Once painted the different colors it will be easy to separate corridors and rooms.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner


Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Wrote an article for the Blog. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2412
Images: 30
Joined: December 6th, 2016, 2:48 pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: W's 3-D Board Project

Postby Weltenlaeufer » September 10th, 2020, 12:39 pm

Thanks guys, I think cracked floor halls it is!

Mini Update:
Below are some pics of the two new styles of tiles from the new mold I got which I wanna mix in for some selected rooms for variety.

Image

Image


Also I just ordered a 6mm x 900mm x 700mm MDF plate to mount this giant puzzle.

(Selfmotivational Rant): Next step I gonna finish this friggin casting binge :roll: :roll: :lol: Then start painting! I gonna start with the walls and the hallway tiles, they gonna be easiest. Then I gonna start thinkin about how to recreate the individual rooms with tile variety and colorwise. Then its painting rooms, time for the gluegun and boom! (Rant over)... |_P |_P

.....selfmotivate, selfmotivate, selfmotivate :lol: :lol:


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
User avatar
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 678
Images: 232
Joined: February 18th, 2019, 12:38 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: W's 3-D Board Project

Postby cornixt » September 14th, 2020, 11:21 am

Nice. Too many people put in a lot of effort but end up with rooms that have no individual personality.


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
cornixt

Ogre
Ogre
 
Posts: 813
Joined: November 4th, 2014, 12:56 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Project Forge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest