• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Space Opera Board-Game + Help Request

Guests may gather here for General Discussions about almost any Topic. NO BRAWLING!
Forum rules
Certain topics have become known to cause friction among passionate members. We kindly ask that topics relating to these subjects be taken outside the Inn to Websites that specialise in those subjects.

Thus far, these topics are: Recreational Drugs, Religion and Science.

Re: Space Opera Board-Game + Help Request

Postby chaoticprime » October 16th, 2014, 1:52 am

JasonMCM wrote:Going to have to add a new option for yellow dice and add a new dice color.

Aim Option: Sacrifice any number of [Y] to add that many [B] to your Dice Pool. The next time you make an indirect attack option roll all [B] as well. Count them towards deciding if the option hits, but not towards damage. Return all [B] to the Dice Bank during the refresh phase.

Notes:
[Y] = yellow dice, [B] = blue dice (new), Dice Pool = Dice you can use during the turn, Dice Bank = Pile us currently unassigned dice.

Reasoning: Now some guns just can't shoot that. A feedback 3 gun that only needs [Y] to shoot can only shoot 2 squares at max, which is wrong... Now you can increase your accuracy without increasing your damage.

As always let me know what you think.

Crazy side question: I have a spreadsheet with some new weapons (Shamelessly lifted from a game I used to play). How is the best way to get them into here for suggestion/critique?


Instead of making any new dice colors, let's go back over Grey Dice. I think there shouldn't actually be any dice of that color, rather its an indication where a die of any color may be used.

Upload it to Googledocs.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1939
Images: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2013, 3:38 am
Location: Kansas City
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Space Opera Board-Game + Help Request

Postby JasonMCM » October 16th, 2014, 8:07 am

This isn't working as well as I planned. GRRRRRR.

I don't have the greatest knowledge of futuristic weapons and the such so I figured I would borrow from a once popular game (I wonder if it is still popular...) Here is the card I envisioned for the basic gun.

Enforcer
1 Hand, Bullet, Gun
Spend [Y][Y]: Indirect Attack, Feedback 3, Damage [E]
Spend [Y]: Indirect Attack, Feedback 4, Damage [E][E]
Sacrifice [Y]: Add [E][E][E] to an indirect attack
option being made with an Enforcer equipped in
your other hand. Use this option only once per
indirect attack option.


1.) Anyone guess which game I stole this from?

2.) I really don't like the damage dice for the attacks. The gun isn't more powerful with the second attack, I just needed it to be less accurate and 'faster' to shoot. Therefore I had to lower the number of [Y]ellow dice, but since I didn't want to lower the overall damage I had to raise the number of gr[E]y dice (can't use g because that is for green). Same reasoning behind the dual wielding option getting 3 gr[E]y damage dice.

3.) I don't really like the current set up with the 'Spend X: Effect' but I am out of ideas on what to put. [Spending] from the original rule set means that the die gets rolled. I added [sacrifice] and [burning] which are loosing dice unrolled (one by choice, and one by effect). At one point I considered using the following structure instead but really want to limit my words. 'Spend [Y][Y] to perform an Indirect Attack with Feedback of 3 and Damage of [E].'
Also I'm not happy with the wording on the dual wielding option.

4.) This sets the game up for a rather high damage curve if the basic gun can deal 3 damage per 1 die.

As always let me know what you think.
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 215
Images: 2
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 5:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Space Opera Board-Game + Help Request

Postby Goblin-King » October 16th, 2014, 11:30 am

JasonMCM wrote:1.) Anyone guess which game I stole this from?

Unreal Tournament?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Space Opera Board-Game + Help Request

Postby JasonMCM » October 16th, 2014, 12:38 pm

1 :cookie: for Goblin-King!
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 215
Images: 2
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 5:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Space Opera Board-Game + Help Request

Postby chaoticprime » October 16th, 2014, 6:04 pm

I am thinking options with sub-options should be rare. There is no limit to how many options you can hold.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1939
Images: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2013, 3:38 am
Location: Kansas City
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Space Opera Board-Game + Help Request

Postby JasonMCM » October 18th, 2014, 12:46 am

I think that I may be using options incorrectly, I assumed that "option" was a thematic replacement of the word "action". But your last post makes it seem that the equipment card is the option, in which case my mind has just blown up... (Or my ability to understand English is inversely proportional to the quantity of sleep I have had, and I am going on 24 sleepless hours. Which is a lot to my no longer young body)

That being said the final ability of the Enforcer can be reworded as follows.
Sacrifice [Y]: Add [E][E][E] to an indirect attack option being made with this Enforcer if you have another Enforcer in your inventory. Use this option only once per indirect attack option.

If there isn't going to be an equipment/hand limit then the number of hands the weapon takes up can be removed from the card, possibly even the bullet and gun descriptors can be removed as well?
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 215
Images: 2
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 5:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Space Opera Board-Game + Help Request

Postby chaoticprime » October 18th, 2014, 4:52 am

I'd say so. Almost everything I make is after having been up for a day or two.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1939
Images: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2013, 3:38 am
Location: Kansas City
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests