• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

3D Heroquest Boards

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: 3D Heroquest Boards

Postby zstu1979 » July 6th, 2020, 7:50 pm

30mm squares are a great improvement over the standard 22.5mm squares but you may only get away with a 2.5D board with 30mm squares. The reason I say this is I have 38mm (1.5 inch) squares and the miniatures are still quite tight in the central corridors with the taller walls so some minis like the chaos warrior need to stand at a 45 degree angle which isn't all that bad but the gargoyle mini definitely needs to stand side on. Having a 2.5D board would mean that you could face the minis in combat with parts of the figures overhanging the walls if you know what I mean.

Have a think on it and let me know if you still want the 30mm squares.
zstu1979

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 18
Images: 0
Joined: May 22nd, 2020, 8:25 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: 3D Heroquest Boards

Postby khimbar » July 7th, 2020, 7:16 am

I'd be happy with 2.5d walls. Yeah if I'm gonna do it, the bigger the better. 30mm it is!
khimbar

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 88
Joined: June 27th, 2019, 12:33 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: 3D Heroquest Boards

Postby Maldeev1911 » July 10th, 2020, 6:26 pm

Looks great! I'm looking to do something similar,
if it turns out half as good as yours I'll be thrilled.
Maldeev1911

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 14
Joined: June 28th, 2020, 5:11 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: 3D Heroquest Boards

Postby Figomurphy » July 13th, 2020, 2:13 pm

That looks absolutely brilliant. So neat. Well done.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 323
Images: 3
Joined: September 21st, 2015, 6:14 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: 3D Heroquest Boards

Postby zstu1979 » July 16th, 2020, 12:47 pm

Thanks Maldeev1911, Figomurphy. Was thinking on doing a board based on the advanced heroquest tiles but going to wait until I finish off the original quest book which I am currently battling through.
zstu1979

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 18
Images: 0
Joined: May 22nd, 2020, 8:25 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: 3D Heroquest Boards

Postby khimbar » July 16th, 2020, 2:04 pm

zstu1979 wrote:30mm squares are a great improvement over the standard 22.5mm squares but you may only get away with a 2.5D board with 30mm squares. The reason I say this is I have 38mm (1.5 inch) squares and the miniatures are still quite tight in the central corridors with the taller walls so some minis like the chaos warrior need to stand at a 45 degree angle which isn't all that bad but the gargoyle mini definitely needs to stand side on. Having a 2.5D board would mean that you could face the minis in combat with parts of the figures overhanging the walls if you know what I mean.

Have a think on it and let me know if you still want the 30mm squares.


Yes please to the 30mm files if possible?
khimbar

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 88
Joined: June 27th, 2019, 12:33 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: 3D Heroquest Boards

Postby zstu1979 » July 16th, 2020, 8:59 pm

Hi Khimbar

I have sent you a PM
zstu1979

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 18
Images: 0
Joined: May 22nd, 2020, 8:25 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: 3D Heroquest Boards

Postby khimbar » July 17th, 2020, 8:33 am

zstu1979 wrote:Hi Khimbar

I have sent you a PM


It doesn't seem to have come through?
khimbar

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 88
Joined: June 27th, 2019, 12:33 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: 3D Heroquest Boards

Postby ChuckyMcNorris » July 18th, 2020, 1:49 am

Looks amazing! Wondered how you handled the doors until I got to the pics that included them. Very cool. You mentioned the tight corridors--what about visibility issues?
ChuckyMcNorris

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 17
Joined: July 5th, 2020, 11:35 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: 3D Heroquest Boards

Postby zstu1979 » July 18th, 2020, 5:21 am

I would say that having 40mm high walls does cause a bit of a visibility issue if you were sitting low at a table but As I play mostly solo with the HQGM app I find myself standing most of the time so it’s not really an issue for me. I prefer the taller walls as it gives a more ‘closed in’ Dungeon feeling. I chose 40mm high walls so that my doors would sit directly over the top but you could go with 30mm high walls And craft the doors slightly different and that would give you better visibility over the walls.
zstu1979

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 18
Images: 0
Joined: May 22nd, 2020, 8:25 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests