• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Translation of "Slumbering Monster" by Roberto de Moraes

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Translation of "Slumbering Monster" by Roberto de Moraes

Postby The Admiral » February 27th, 2018, 10:06 am

[This topic was moved from Board index ‹ HeroQuest Rooms ‹ HeroQuest Additions ‹ Quests and Quest Packs on 3/14/18. -edit]

I noticed in the Adventurers Guild section that there is a project to convert into English the Brazilian three quest pack by Roberto de Moraes "Attack on the Sleep Wizard" (title still under discussion).

I have his quest pack "Slave City", but noticed on Pheonix's website that there is another quest by the same author titled "Slumbering Monster" that has been "Coming Soon" for many years.

Does anyone know where I could get hold of this quest, preferably in English, please?
Last edited by Daedalus on March 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Moved topic

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Caçada à Criatura (Slumbering Monster by Roberto de Moraes)

Postby lestodante » February 27th, 2018, 2:37 pm

It is an adventure puplished on Só Aventuras n. 1, another Brazilian magazine.
You can download the whole magazine in pdf from Biblioteca Élfica at this link: http://www.bibliotecaelfica.com/2013/09/so-aventuras-01.html
or from this Mirror Link
The quest pack is titled Caçada à Criatura (by Roberto De Moraes).

Image Image

Image Image Image

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Search for quest "Slumbering Monster" by Roberto de Mora

Postby The Admiral » February 27th, 2018, 3:38 pm

That's brilliant! thanks Lestodante.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » February 27th, 2018, 3:55 pm

This hobby is bottomless :D

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » February 27th, 2018, 6:37 pm

I must be bored; just translated the intro and first quest. The Chaos Sword is interesting. It doesn't however say what sort of sword it is and therefore what its base stats are that get added to. I am assuming it is either a shortsword or Broadsword. This will give it cyclical attacks of 3/4/5, or 4/5/6.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » February 27th, 2018, 8:28 pm

yes, both the Chaos Sword and the Axe of Destruction are interesting weapons!
I guess the sword is a normal sword, so the starting stats should be the one written on the character's card, but it is specified that it increases the attack of +1 combat die the first time you use it, +2 the second time and so on... I will not allow it to be used with other weapons. So the barbarian will start with 3+1, 3+2.... The elf and the dwarf will start with 2+1, then 2+2 and so on... while the wizard... hmmm can he use it too? who knows.. but if it is an artifact card, I guess he can.
I will just add some penalty after the 3rd attack, because actually it only add bonuses (+1,+2,+3 and then again +1,+2,+3...), so after the +3 bonus on the 4th attack it will add a malus of -1 on the next attack. It is a Chaos sword.. so let's create confusion!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » February 27th, 2018, 9:01 pm

Wow that sounds complicated to keep track of. May be easier to roll a red die to see the sword's effect for each attack.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » February 28th, 2018, 6:47 am

j_dean80 wrote:Wow that sounds complicated to keep track of. May be easier to roll a red die to see the sword's effect for each attack.

Yes, I can see that getting forgotten in the heat of a big quest. I like the random nature of a dice roll; it is a chaotic weapon after all. I think the sword needs a base attack (I would go 2) and then roll a 1d6 before every attack 1-4 = +1 to +4, 5 = no effect, 6 = -1.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » February 28th, 2018, 7:51 am

The Admiral wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:Wow that sounds complicated to keep track of. May be easier to roll a red die to see the sword's effect for each attack.

Yes, I can see that getting forgotten in the heat of a big quest. I like the random nature of a dice roll; it is a chaotic weapon after all. I think the sword needs a base attack (I would go 2) and then roll a 1d6 before every attack 1-4 = +1 to +4, 5 = no effect, 6 = -1.

I like it. Very simple and effective.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » February 28th, 2018, 11:44 am

Here is my take on the translation of the introduction and first quest:

CREATURE HUNT

This time the Heroes must stop Zargon from awakening a terrible sleeping beast.

You are all sleeping peacefully in your homes, dreaming of the day you defeat Zargon. Suddenly in the midst of your sleep a suffocating mist seems to envelope you all, and you are all transported to a large library, with cabinets full of ancient books and scrolls. Standing in the centre of the room is Mentor. He says:

“Zargon is plotting against the Empire again. He has discovered the existence of a creature that has been asleep for centuries. He plans to awaken it and put it under his command. If he succeeds the Empire will be lost! The creature sleeps in the ruins of the old castle outside the city. You must go there and stop Zargon.”

You wake up startled, and find yourselves still in bed. You think it was all just a dream, but…it seemed so real. The next morning you all meet and discover you all had the same dream. You all conclude that it was not a dream, but a cry for help from Mentor to prevent Zargon from awakening the sleeping monster. Immediately, you leave for the ruins.

QUEST 1 – THE CHAOTIC SWORD

“Only with the help of the Chaotic sword will it be Possible to destroy the creature. Your first task is to find this magic weapon.”

NOTES

A – The first Hero to search this room for treasure will find the Chaotic Sword on the weapons rack. The Chaotic Sword is a magical shortsword. Its use is explained on the matching Artifact Card.

B – The chest contains 300 gold coins.

C – The first Hero to open this chest will be attacked by a wandering monster. The chest is empty.

D – The chest contains 150 gold coins.

E – The first Hero to search for treasure in this room will find the Wizard’s Staff hidden behind the cupboard. Its use is explained on the matching Artifact Card.

:orc: Wandering Monster in this Quest: Orc
Last edited by The Admiral on March 4th, 2018, 4:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Adventurer's Guild