• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Tile Requests?

Members requiring unique/custom artwork to complete their projects may request assistance from the Artists group within this forum.
Forum rules
Members: If a request requires specifics, please be as descriptive as possible. When your requests are filled, please edit the your first post and insert [Complete] at the beginning of the topic title.

Artists: If you are planning on filling a request, please make a post as soon as possible and let everyone else know your intentions. This will allow other Artists to focus on open requests.

Tile Requests?

Postby Milk » September 22nd, 2008, 1:37 pm

Hate to be the one that asks, but does anyone do tile requests? I would love to take a crack at creating what I want myself, but unfortunately don't have any worthwhile graphics programs to even bother giving it a try.

Anywho, what I'm looking for, and I've been looking around, I got the idea from drathe's Spiked Floor Trap in Vengeance For Vengeance, to be able to have such a trap that doesn't reset, but to get the idea across clearly, is to have a tile representation. I think drathe's version that does reset definitely doesn't need the tile representation, but... I think having a couple differnet layouts of actual Spike Floor tiles would look quite nice - like a 1x1, 1x2, 2x2 and/or 2x3 layout.
"There should always be barbarians to the north."
Milk

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Tile Requests?

Postby drathe » September 24th, 2008, 12:43 am

My tile making skills are extremely limited due to software and experience. I could take a crack at some in my spare time if you're not expecting anything spectacular (see some of my attempts on my Tile Page for examples). I know a lot of people who made tiles in the past are too busy to take requests but some newer talents may be interested. It never hurts to ask. The worst they could really say is no.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Milk » September 24th, 2008, 1:56 am

Actually, I really like some of yr tiles, especially the Stepping Stone Room (it's actually a really cool idea too). And, no, I'm not asking for Shirtz quality, nor anything "must be done right this instant" anyway. More of a "I think it'd be a really cool tile concept and I could definitely find a use for it if it was made."

I actually made a meek attempt today at a very basic floor-only tile after reading some stuff on Old Scratch's Forum just to see if there was even a glimmer of hope in what i have available yo use, but like I said, I don't have anything worthwhile as a grafix program, just some photo editing program that i can't seem to properly get any layering effects to work on anyway. Bah!

That'd be great if you want to take a crack at it, but it's definitely a no-hurry deal. Since I just got back into HQ after a number of years, I'm currently working on restructuring the entire game from the ground up whilst still keeping the pure basics of the game and creating a Campaign Pack, so i'm real heavy in re-write territory and dungeon creation.
Milk

Fimir
Fimir

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Phoenix » September 24th, 2008, 7:55 am

Milk wrote:...creating a Campaign Pack, so i'm real heavy in re-write territory and dungeon creation.

I would be interested in seeing what you've got. When do we get some previews?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Milk » September 24th, 2008, 12:21 pm

I'm still fairly early in development, however, some friends and I will begin playtesting certain aspects of the new ruleset some time in the upcoming weeks. So, to answer yr question, hopefully soon - once we start feeling confident with what we have. (However, some of the bigger things in the works: Status Effects/Ailments and a Campaign style setting with Overworld Map [still trying to find a really good copy of the warhammer/HQ world map that I can use and retool for playability, I have a few, but nothing completely usable yet] and the abilty to visit/"roleplay" city/town encounters outside of Dungeons as well as the abilty to pick and choose Dungeon Encounters (read: Dungeons as whole - not individual monster encounters) based on combined Hero level and so forth...hmm, I think I explained that rather poorly.)
Milk

Fimir
Fimir

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » September 24th, 2008, 12:37 pm

Phoenix wrote:I would be interested in seeing what you've got. When do we get some previews?

I would be interested as well. Give us a glance when you're ready and willing to.

As for the spiked floor tile I will definitely try my hand at some. I've already got ideas brewing in my head on how to best make them. The only problem I can see is that floor tiles are a top down view, so the spikes may not be totally apparent. To counter this problem I'll try and create some defining shadows for the spikes. Cross your fingers, toes, eyes... and experience tells me Phoenix will cross his kidneys.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Phoenix » September 24th, 2008, 4:26 pm

Hey, what can i say? Cross anything you got more than one of. I'm sure it'll be lucky!

...maybe for the surgeon...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » September 27th, 2008, 9:04 pm

Phoenix wrote:I'm sure it'll be lucky!

It may very well have been. Here are the results of my most recent Photoshop adventure.

I must admit, it turned out much better than I was expecting. So much so that I've already posted them on my Tile Page. The download contains a variety of sizes for varied use.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Milk » September 28th, 2008, 3:30 am

drathe, looks great!! Thanks so much. I too had a feeling it'd probably be tough to convey the idea of spikes form a top-down view, but I think you did a right good job at it. Plus you went above and beyond on the multiple dimesions available - wasn't expecting that. I can already envision various scenarios involving some of the larger room-sized spiked floors involving having to find a lever to deactivate the spiked floor etc.

by the way, i might have an early quest or two that i can post soon - if not for feedback/comments sake, then at least to show that there's another avid HQ'er out there doing something with the game.
Milk

Fimir
Fimir

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » September 28th, 2008, 10:54 am

You're welcome. I'm glad you like them. I thought it was a great idea. The more I see them the more I like them too. Making multiple versions was quick and easy once I made the 4x4. I just cropped it down in various sections to make the other sizes.

I like your idea of having the Heroes discover a way to disarm the floor in order to proceed in a quest. Once in a while, it may also be a good idea to have the lever in the room just beyond a row or two of spikes, forcing a Hero to sacrifice some BP to allow his companions safe travel.

Milk wrote:by the way, i might have an early quest or two that i can post soon - if not for feedback/comments sake, then at least to show that there's another avid HQ'er out there doing something with the game.

Hey, even if you wish to tease us with a preview, we'll take what we can get!

Have any other tile requests, sent them on out. No guarantees, but you never know. Sometimes I can pull a miracle out of my loin cloth! Or someone else may take up the reins with better results.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Artchive Requests