I think you took that whole post a bit too seriously.
National identity is very important because without it how would you know which team to support in world cups?
Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.
1BP,
2BP,
3BP,
1BP,
2BP,
3BP,
4BP,
5BP. US
3BP, US
4BP.

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.
It's more disgusting because the legs are (often) cut off the living frog, and because you need to kill several frogs to get a meal while you get several meals from one pig. Plus, it's Frenchknightkrawler wrote:Do not underrate frog legs. It's not more disgusting than anything from a pig.
Well, yes, and I just wanted to elaborate it a bit. Didn't want to start a philosophical discussion, but here it is. Not neccesarily a bad thing, as long as we keep it mannered.knightkrawler wrote:My comment was satirical from the get go.
It may be a hard truth to learn, but zombie apocalypses aren't real. And even in zombie apocalypse (or in other, more realistic desaster scenarios, like a tsunami), when people are forced to work together against all odds, they still will stay different. Different people with differnt backgrounds, including nationalities, which will show in their behavior and in the way they work together.knightkrawler wrote:Do you account for national or cultural backgrounds? After a Zombie apocalypse, does it all matter in the least?
I cannot be proud of stemming from someone I don't know and haven't even seen pictures of.
Silesia is a somewhat extreme example, as it had a mixed German and Polish population for most of its history, defined by their language, and thinking of themselfes as Germans or Poles respectively. So if the person in question defined himself as German, he would be German ancestry.knightkrawler wrote:Somewhere down the times you're bound to have someone born in, let's put an example here, Silesia, which at the time was German and now isn't. Is that German or Polish ancestry?
I am. Why not. I'm a very individualistic and nonconformist person (just ask anybody who knows my), but I am what I am, and my national heritage is part of it.knightkrawler wrote:I'm not proud of my national heritage. Mind you, this has nothing to do with my being German. Nobody should be proud of national heritage in these times.












I think we're mainly Danish, I'm sure I heard that somewhere.cornixt wrote:I'm 100% English to at least 6 generations back. It bit dull really, and the only people who claim to be proud of something like that seem to be the racists. However, the English are a mongrel group and I have clear genetic evidence of having ginger, Scandanavian, German, French, and even far eastern roots somewhere. Just all a bit too distant to trace.
1BP,
2BP,
3BP,
1BP,
2BP,
3BP,
4BP,
5BP. US
3BP, US
4BP.







Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests