• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Guest Book

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Guest Book

Postby Gold Bearer » January 8th, 2015, 1:19 pm

It’s fairly straight forward. To roll dice just put 1d6 to roll one dice, 2d6 to roll two, 3d6 to roll three, etc and then highlight it and click the dice button which adds the code. It will look like this: [dice]2d6[/dice] There’s a topic just for getting the hang of the dice. Submit the post to see what you’ve rolled and then edit the post to carry on with your turn. :)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Guest Book

Postby Sjeng » January 8th, 2015, 1:45 pm

Welcome to the Inn!!!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby Kitch1982 » January 9th, 2015, 6:22 am

Gold Bearer wrote:It’s fairly straight forward. To roll dice just put 1d6 to roll one dice, 2d6 to roll two, 3d6 to roll three, etc and then highlight it and click the dice button which adds the code. It will look like this: [dice]2d6[/dice] There’s a topic just for getting the hang of the dice. Submit the post to see what you’ve rolled and then edit the post to carry on with your turn. :)


You make it sound so easy Gold Bearer! I've gone to the PBP part of the forum and I was having a look at some of the old posts. I do kind of get the jist of how it works but I have a few questions, sorry if they are really obvious! Also I haven't played HQ in a long time so if I do join you will have to bear with me for both my knowledge of the game and how all this works! If your ok with that then I would be happy to join the quest.

Questions:

1. When you roll the dice it always generates a normal die and a combat die right? I assume if you're just moving you ignore the combat dice?

2. When moving, how many dice are you allowed to move? I've always used 2, 6 sided dice to move, I assume that's the same here?

3. I noticed on some of the posts in your previous game when someone posted an attack move, you might have defended on the same post how does that work? Can you edit posts after a player has posted?

4. How long do you have to take your turn before you miss your go? I assume you can only wait so long?

5. Finally there seems to be quite a lot of new characters that I'm not familiar with (I pretty much only know the original 4) - Where can I find a list of characters that I'm allowed to use and is it ok to just use one of the original 4?

Thanks in advance for your patience with me lol.

Lee
User avatar
Kitch1982

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 77
Joined: January 8th, 2015, 9:40 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby Kitch1982 » January 12th, 2015, 8:07 am

Hey Gold Bearer just wondered if you had seen my reply and when/if i could still join the game?

Cheers,

Lee
User avatar
Kitch1982

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 77
Joined: January 8th, 2015, 9:40 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Guest Book intro

Postby Smacker84 » January 12th, 2015, 8:19 am

Hello fellow Inn dwellers, today I bought the boardgame masterpiece Heroquest off a little old lady from EBay. This is the first time I have laid eyes on this game in 20+ years. It brought back fantastic memories of me playing with my brothers until the early hours of the morning. I haven't had the privelage of playing yet, but having the satisfying knowledge that I possess Heroquest really fulfils me somewhat. Pleasure to be involved
Smacker84
 
Posts: 1
Joined: January 12th, 2015, 8:07 am
Forum Language: British English

Re: Guest Book

Postby The Road Warrior » January 12th, 2015, 8:31 am

I'll answer as much of this as I can for you.

Kitch1982 wrote:1. When you roll the dice it always generates a normal die and a combat die right? I assume if you're just moving you ignore the combat dice?


Correct

Kitch1982 wrote:2. When moving, how many dice are you allowed to move? I've always used 2, 6 sided dice to move, I assume that's the same here?


Gold Bearer is using a lot of custom rules in his game. It really depends on which character you decide to play. You can take a look through his list of custom characters here. Be warned, there is a lot to go through.

Kitch1982 wrote:3. I noticed on some of the posts in your previous game when someone posted an attack move, you might have defended on the same post how does that work? Can you edit posts after a player has posted?


You can only edit your own posts. To speed up the games the attacking player rolls attack and defence at the same time.

Kitch1982 wrote:4. How long do you have to take your turn before you miss your go? I assume you can only wait so long?


This will depend on who you are playing with but if you are offline for a few days and no one else can move until you do, then one of the other players will probably take your turn for you.

Kitch1982 wrote:5. Finally there seems to be quite a lot of new characters that I'm not familiar with (I pretty much only know the original 4) - Where can I find a list of characters that I'm allowed to use and is it ok to just use one of the original 4?


Here's the list

Kitch1982 wrote:Thanks in advance for your patience with me lol.


No problem and welcome to the Inn |_P
Image
Join in the community project.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 639
Joined: November 20th, 2012, 5:02 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby Gold Bearer » January 12th, 2015, 8:57 am

Kitch1982 wrote:Hey Gold Bearer just wondered if you had seen my reply and when/if i could still join the game?

Cheers,

Lee
No I hadn't. We've almost finished the first quest so there's not much point joining until it's done, you'll get one or two moves to the exit. I'll let you know when we're ready for the second quest. ;)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby Kitch1982 » January 12th, 2015, 10:06 am

Gold Bearer - Great! Let me know when you're ready to start the next quest and I will definitely join in!

The Road Warrior - Thanks for clearing up those questions! Definitely helps me out and I'm looking forward to getting started, If I make any mistakes I'm sure you guys will point them out for me ;)

Smacker84 - Welcome!!!
User avatar
Kitch1982

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 77
Joined: January 8th, 2015, 9:40 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Guest Book intro

Postby Sjeng » January 13th, 2015, 7:42 am

Smacker84 wrote:Hello fellow Inn dwellers, today I bought the boardgame masterpiece Heroquest off a little old lady from EBay. This is the first time I have laid eyes on this game in 20+ years. It brought back fantastic memories of me playing with my brothers until the early hours of the morning. I haven't had the privelage of playing yet, but having the satisfying knowledge that I possess Heroquest really fulfils me somewhat. Pleasure to be involved


Welcome to the Inn and congratz on acquiring HQ!!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby Gold Bearer » January 13th, 2015, 9:46 am

Kitch1982 wrote:5. Finally there seems to be quite a lot of new characters that I'm not familiar with (I pretty much only know the original 4) - Where can I find a list of characters that I'm allowed to use and is it ok to just use one of the original 4?
The Road Warrior wrote:You can take a look through his list of custom characters here. Be warned, there is a lot to go through.
And it's not even finished yet. :D

Kitch, to start with there's sixteen heroes available split into four groups of four. These are based on the games that they're from (HQ, AHQ, Dungeon Quest and Dark World) and the party consists of one hero from each group. When A player loses a hero they can pick a replacement from an expanded list. If I've got enough of the heroes done and uploaded when that happens it will be four extra heroes which depend on the hero you first chose. If I haven't got them done then you can just pick freely. Anderas will get to pick his hero first and then you'll be left with a choice of four. If Anderas decides to stick with the archer or use another hero from that group then you might want to keep the sorcerer or the party won't have anyone who can heal. Apart from the spells he has he's exactly the same as the wizard, no other special rules. If fact it's my wizard who has an additional mechanic (he needed beefing up).

Mods:
Maybe these posts would be better off in my p-b-p topic when the first quest is finished. it's almost done.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Lobby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests