• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Revised Edition

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby slev » September 17th, 2014, 4:50 am

Thx for the feedback dude.

The margins won't be as large when printed, I know that the icon colours do need tweaking, I've been mucking about with them. The icon sizes will be corrected in the final version.

I do have some ideas for a different introductory Quest, but I'll be leaving it for a different volume.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby slev » November 17th, 2014, 10:32 am

I've now a selection of the initial materials up on the web site, including the MRB, Hero & Chaos Spells, & the Armoury deck.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » November 20th, 2014, 6:29 am

More uploads have been done. Hope to get the cards finished over the weekend.

In the mean time, a couple of quick examples of how HQR is looking right now:

Image Image

Rewards:
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 20th, 2014, 10:53 am

I just love the linguistics behind this. But I'm sure I must have mentioned.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » November 20th, 2014, 11:18 am

Seems like there are a few commas missing. "An arrow shoots from the wall, striking you." is the worst (otherwise it sounds like a wall is striking you), but most of the sentences need to be broken up with commas for clarity.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » November 20th, 2014, 11:27 am

knightkrawler wrote:I just love the linguistics behind this. But I'm sure I must have mentioned.

I think you may have...

cornixt wrote:Seems like there are a few commas missing. "An arrow shoots from the wall, striking you." is the worst (otherwise it sounds like a wall is striking you), but most of the sentences need to be broken up with commas for clarity.

Good catch on the stray comma in the flavour texts. I'm used to more technical writing, and this is reflected in the rules text on the cards.

Rewards:
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » November 21st, 2014, 9:53 am

Hi Slev,

I saw you mentioned a Wizards Quest Oack in Cynthia's thread. Is it available to look at? I saw a bunch others that looked interesting on your website, the links aren't active yet though.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby slev » November 21st, 2014, 10:06 am

clmckay wrote:Hi Slev,

I saw you mentioned a Wizards Quest Oack in Cynthia's thread. Is it available to look at? I saw a bunch others that looked interesting on your website, the links aren't active yet though.

Not yet as a seperate entity.

You can see the extra spell decks (Control and Wizardry) on the site already though!

Rewards:
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » December 5th, 2014, 4:09 pm

All the cards are now up boys & girls!
Four of teh Equipment Cards still need illustrations, otherwise we're good.
Need to update the rule book next.

Rewards:
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » January 1st, 2015, 8:01 pm

A look at the Armory Cards shows those that don't match the Gary Chalk style. Have you checked out the Project Aon site yet? There's loads of Chalk artwork there from the first five Kai books and some of the periodicals. If you're not averse to using art work without express permission, there's a lot to choose from and it matches the Hero Quest card style well. I guess you could even write Gary for permission, which would be safer and more ethical.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Rules