• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Guest Book

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Guest Book

Postby Sjeng » September 1st, 2014, 6:57 am

Hi and welcome to the Inn!! Be sure to grab the "HQ" microbadge on BGG ;)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Guest Book

Postby knightkrawler » September 1st, 2014, 7:41 am

flipsutter wrote: Long time since I have pulled it out.


Ah, well... taken out of context...
Welcome on board. Have a nice homebrew. |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby Daedalus » September 5th, 2014, 1:06 am

Welcome, flipsutter. Glad you found us. Now get posting! :) We wanna hear more from ya.
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5332
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby Jander » September 7th, 2014, 10:46 pm

I am really enjoying this site so far. I loved playing HeroQuest when I was younger and now I am hoping my children will enjoy it as much as I did.
Jander
 
Posts: 5
Joined: September 5th, 2014, 6:00 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Re: Guest Book

Postby knightkrawler » September 8th, 2014, 12:38 am

Jander wrote:I am really enjoying this site so far. I loved playing HeroQuest when I was younger and now I am hoping my children will enjoy it as much as I did.


Welcome on board. Just don't pry the game into their little heads.
Set it up, start playing alone. They're gonna stand there drooling "C'n I play, too?"
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby hagbard » October 2nd, 2014, 12:20 am

/signed
hagbard
 
Posts: 3
Joined: February 17th, 2013, 5:20 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Re: Guest Book

Postby Jafazo » October 14th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Jafazo here, saying hello and wishing everyone good nights of gaming.

I first played Hero Quest when I was about 10 and have loved it for over twenty years. It was my very first RPG and I did it all from creating custom quests to custom artifacts and spells and everything in between. I played with my friends, my sister and anyone I could drag to the table. Over the years I've purchased multiple copies to expand my number of miniatures and furniture. The game took a stand still as I've grown but I've recently become interested in playing it again and even advancing the game to its next phase, which I call Hero Quest Silver. I've also been entertaining the idea that I might work a Hero Quest Gold if Silver runs smoothly. I'm currently making arrangements to play Hero Quest online via virtual table top with tons of custom and exciting content. My experience as a GM is mostly within the D&D environment. I will also be running a D&D 3.5 campaign which I'm super excited about. Ye Olde Inn's content blew me away when I went through the site. I love it all, especially all the creative and custom content players contribute.

Good Gaming to everyone!
Unless you specify your version I'm going by the US rules.
User avatar
Jafazo

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion
 
Posts: 199
Joined: September 1st, 2014, 3:52 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby the_nine_riders » December 4th, 2014, 8:53 pm

I checked out the site a couple of times in the past, but just joined today.

Its been a number of years since I played, dang near 20 years now. I loved playing the game with my brother and my father. Now that I have kids of my own, I'm hoping to get them involved. Just picked up a used game system, and a few extra pieces to get me started again.

Any thoughts on how to get a new generation introduced to the game?
the_nine_riders

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 17
Joined: December 4th, 2014, 10:54 am
Location: Wibaux, MT
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby cynthialee » December 4th, 2014, 8:55 pm

the_nine_riders wrote:I checked out the site a couple of times in the past, but just joined today.

Its been a number of years since I played, dang near 20 years now. I loved playing the game with my brother and my father. Now that I have kids of my own, I'm hoping to get them involved. Just picked up a used game system, and a few extra pieces to get me started again.

Any thoughts on how to get a new generation introduced to the game?

Start a family game night and stick to it. Soon enough the rest of the family will look forward to the game day.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby mitchiemasha » December 5th, 2014, 1:10 am

the_nine_riders wrote:
Any thoughts on how to get a new generation introduced to the game?


The first to die does the dishes, mows the lawn. If they all survive you do it... Turn the gold into real money! that'll work!!!


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:05 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Lobby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron