• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

11 Interesting things about yourself

Guests may gather here for General Discussions about almost any Topic. NO BRAWLING!
Forum rules
Certain topics have become known to cause friction among passionate members. We kindly ask that topics relating to these subjects be taken outside the Inn to Websites that specialise in those subjects.

Thus far, these topics are: Recreational Drugs, Religion and Science.

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby Gold Bearer » June 12th, 2014, 7:27 am

This video isn’t finished yet but I’ve just got to show you what I’ve got so far. http://youtu.be/dgD75c5cS4I :)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby Goblin-King » June 12th, 2014, 7:56 am

That's some pretty impressive stuff. Is it you?

I wonder how much of this would be possible if you were wearing jeans or a tuxedo.
I mean... How often are you attacked while wearing your gi (or superhero costume).
Odds are that you would be wearing clothes unsuitable for combat.

Also a lot of the moves and jumps are very impressive, but they seem rather "fancy".
Are all of them actually usable in combat.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby Gold Bearer » June 12th, 2014, 12:29 pm

Goblin-King wrote:That's some pretty impressive stuff. Is it you?
No, this is me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_ht8TYME1A I can't flip about like he does. I'm not into parkour, mainly because I'm useless at it. That's Aron Gasor. I've deliberately spelt his name wrong because some people google their name and I don't want him to see it until it's finished. That's the third video I've done, I'm next. My next one will be a lot better than the last one. Better light, music, editing and martial arts. I was very rusty when I made that video and there was a lot I couldn't do well enough to show, although I still had my speed. They'll be a lot more flashy stuff that people like in the next one. I want to get a decent martial arts channel going and I'm using three top class and popular martial artists to hopefully get it off the ground. Using videos of the best bits of their videos together in one video will hopefully get my channel going and if they like them and put them up on their channels with a link back to mine I'm away. I'd also love to do a video with all three of them, separately or together.

Goblin-King wrote:I wonder how much of this would be possible if you were wearing jeans or a tuxedo.
I mean... How often are you attacked while wearing your gi (or superhero costume).
Odds are that you would be wearing clothes unsuitable for combat.
I'm wearing jeans in my video. It doesn't make a lot of difference. It's slightly slower but not really noticeably. Wearing trainers makes a lot more of a difference. If that bothered me I'd wear light shoes. I don't do it do defend myself, that's mostly about attitude anyway. You don't reach a high level unless you're doing it for its own sake, it would feel like effort, you've got to love it.

Goblin-King wrote:Also a lot of the moves and jumps are very impressive, but they seem rather "fancy".
Are all of them actually usable in combat.
That's what tae kwon do looks like, lots of flashy kicks. Korean martial arts in general focus on kicks. The Bruce sisters are tang so do, which is basically tea kwon do kicks, kung fu strikes, plus weapons. All of those techniques are usable if they're timed right and you've got the speed to use them, but there's not a lot of point. You can generate more than enough power to easily knock someone out with a basic kick. They're so much fun to do though and they look beautiful. They help a lot indirectly though because they're great for balance and coordination, and if you practice them the basic versions are so straight forward, virtually no effort at all.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby TMU » June 13th, 2014, 5:33 pm

I've tried to get 11 things about myself, but can't get them all. I guess I am a boring person :D
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1870
Images: 15
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby tasoe » June 13th, 2014, 6:00 pm

TMU wrote:I've tried to get 11 things about myself, but can't get them all. I guess I am a boring person :D
don't feel bad, I assume most scandinavian people are boring. :roll:

on another note, I liked watching goldbearer's video, i'm not into martial arts but it's nice to put a person to the forum name!
so I thought I'd share with you one of the youtube videos that is including my face.
this is me, surfing on my back, on a very hot summer afternoon on my wet balcony a number of years ago.
don't ask me why I did that, just make sure to check video 2 from the related videos on the right, it's a little bit better and more painful.


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 697
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 1:05 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby knightkrawler » June 13th, 2014, 6:01 pm

TMU wrote:I've tried to get 11 things about myself, but can't get them all. I guess I am a boring person :D


You're 17. Some interesting things are bound to be added over the next few years. A funny haircut, maybe.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby TMU » June 13th, 2014, 8:41 pm

knightkrawler wrote:
TMU wrote:I've tried to get 11 things about myself, but can't get them all. I guess I am a boring person :D


You're 17. Some interesting things are bound to be added over the next few years. A funny haircut, maybe.

If my favourite ice-hockey team wins the national hockey league, i will colour my hair blue :D
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1870
Images: 15
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby Sjeng » June 14th, 2014, 2:24 am



the things people put on youtube these days xD
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby knightkrawler » June 14th, 2014, 2:47 am

TMU wrote:ice-hockey


Excuse me, what's this?
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby TMU » June 14th, 2014, 4:13 am

knightkrawler wrote:
TMU wrote:ice-hockey


Excuse me, what's this?

It is a game you germany people think can't play, tho your national team is not bad on it. :P
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1870
Images: 15
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests