• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Alchemist's Bench: drug pros and cons

Guests may gather here for General Discussions about almost any Topic. NO BRAWLING!
Forum rules
Certain topics have become known to cause friction among passionate members. We kindly ask that topics relating to these subjects be taken outside the Inn to Websites that specialise in those subjects.

Thus far, these topics are: Recreational Drugs, Religion and Science.

Re: The Alchemist's Bench: drug pros and cons

Postby wolfie907 » May 13th, 2014, 11:25 pm

what is dmt? ive not used anything for years 3 for weed and longer for other things my real name is garrett bowley google it and you can see where my views on drug use are coming from [im not the high school runner] I grew up in a house where drug use was the norm weed everyday and hard drugs most of them my mom was a hippie and my dad a biker until I was 16 my form of rebellion was to do good in school and not get fraggled up then when I was 16 I stayed at a friends house to play dnd [with our hero quest minis] we went to visit some other gamers and they were smoking pot I decided fraggle it everyone I knew had done it and now even my dorky dnd buddies were doin it so I might as well I loved it from that day on I was a pot head I told my parents by grabbing there pipe as it went around a room I was in and taking a hit my dad was overjoyed and broke out his bong it was one of the most accepted feelings I ever got from him. before that I was proud of not using drugs and I think that is a very valid opinion and if you have the willpower to never do it I applaud it that is not a bad thing. within two weeks I was selling weed I had all kinds of connects from my parents and I got to make money and stay high I great deal for a 16 year old from weed I went to mushrooms and lsd then coke then pills then meth I sold them all and did as much as I wanted and was congradulated for it my friends changed I had less time for stupid dorks and I became a real *Play-Doh factory* who cared for no one but myself I didn't care about the drugs to much one way or the other for me it was acceptance and profit I liked being the center of attention at parties and I liked throwing around the money I made I saw a lot of fraggled up *lemony goodness* and met many fraggled up people people that would steal parents rent money to get high people that would rob people and bring me their stuff and yes even weed users do these things one kid gave me an antique rifle worth several hundred dollars that he stole from his step dad which was a family heirloom and all I gave him was an eigth of weed[about forty bucks worth for those who don't know, though it only cost me about $15] so yes to all of you weed causes harm too. and I don't know about you all but all the people I know get slower and dumber when they smoke which is easily noticeable when you don't[remember even though I no longer use or sell my family and old friends all still do and I fraggle with them when they are high and it amuses me that half the time they cant figure it out] most people have at least tried drugs I don't care if people do I know I cant stop it but I still don't. as to all the great minds getting high I don't think so maybe the majority has tried drugs maybe but I wont agree that the majority are active drug abusers. I think people can use drugs and function just fine im not saying all users are no good all my friends are users some do good some don't but I hate hearing that not using drugs is a bad thing that is ridclous


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 543
Joined: September 28th, 2012, 2:42 am
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: The Alchemist's Bench: drug pros and cons

Postby Daedalus » May 14th, 2014, 12:51 am

knightkrawler wrote:Also, naming the thread "Drug pros and cons" shows a degree of not grasping the topic one bit.

I'm responsible for moving and naming the topic. What are you working on today? is long enough, already. Originally, I titled it The Alchemist's Bench: the drug debate. Not very inspired, but I was going for neutral.
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5328
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: The Alchemist's Bench: drug pros and cons

Postby Sjeng » May 14th, 2014, 12:56 am

Thanks for pointing that out ;)

And thanks for the people supporting me.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: The Alchemist's Bench: drug pros and cons

Postby TMU » May 14th, 2014, 1:24 am

@KK - Why couldn't I be proud of that even that I am underaged? I mean it would not stop me from drinking or smoking. And I have been offered to do so many many times. Last time was while we where in Sweden, on the ship there were only me and another boy in our group that didn't drink. I mean that we had our cabin filled with beer :D I could have just grapped as many as I wanted and get all drunk as some of my friends did. And the reason I didn't is not because it is illegal or because my parents told me not to. I just don't want to. It is my own choise.

My parents have offered me to taste different alcohols many times, but I just haven't taken the chance since I see no point in drinking.

And this is not to make anyone angry or something, just how I feel. And we are in the end discussing about a matter of taste, so there isn't a reason to argue. As I already stated, I don't care how others think. Age is just a number if you ask me. :2cents:
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1870
Images: 15
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: The Alchemist's Bench: drug pros and cons

Postby Sjeng » May 14th, 2014, 6:46 am

I could not agree more TMU. Many kids have been in situations where others will try drugs and alcohol and cigarettes, and when you refure, you're not "cool" and cast out of the group, or deemed a nerd or whatever. Peer-pressure is common in schools. If you can man up and make your own decision, that is certainly something to be proud of.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: The Alchemist's Bench: drug pros and cons

Postby StratosVX » May 14th, 2014, 2:06 pm

TMU wrote:@KK - Why couldn't I be proud of that even that I am underaged? I mean it would not stop me from drinking or smoking. And I have been offered to do so many many times. Last time was while we where in Sweden, on the ship there were only me and another boy in our group that didn't drink. I mean that we had our cabin filled with beer :D I could have just grapped as many as I wanted and get all drunk as some of my friends did. And the reason I didn't is not because it is illegal or because my parents told me not to. I just don't want to. It is my own choise.

My parents have offered me to taste different alcohols many times, but I just haven't taken the chance since I see no point in drinking.

And this is not to make anyone angry or something, just how I feel. And we are in the end discussing about a matter of taste, so there isn't a reason to argue. As I already stated, I don't care how others think. Age is just a number if you ask me. :2cents:


Sjeng wrote:I could not agree more TMU. Many kids have been in situations where others will try drugs and alcohol and cigarettes, and when you refure, you're not "cool" and cast out of the group, or deemed a nerd or whatever. Peer-pressure is common in schools. If you can man up and make your own decision, that is certainly something to be proud of.


Exactly!


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1145
Joined: November 6th, 2012, 12:44 am
Location: Utah, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: The Alchemist's Bench: drug pros and cons

Postby knightkrawler » May 14th, 2014, 3:20 pm

This is just Semantics. So I looked it up and found out that I simply have too heavily negative connotations with the words "proud" and "pride" stemming from a general overusage in society and media.

From wikipedia:
"Pride is an inwardly directed emotion that carries two common meanings. With a negative connotation, pride refers to an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishments, often used synonymously with hubris. With a positive connotation, pride refers to a satisfied sense of attachment toward one's own or another's choices and actions, or toward a whole group of people, and is a product of praise, independent self-reflection, or a fulfilled feeling of belonging."

The third sentence is probably correct in relation to TMU's and Sjeng's feelings towards drugs.
So I stand corrected and apologize to anyone I might have offended.
Whatever my connotation was, my assessment of the topic is not meant to be offensive against anyone.
I guess my closeness to the drug issue makes me think I'm THE closest person to that issue, so forgive me for sounding a bit harsh sometimes.

I still stand behind my own assessment of the legal status/damage/what is a drug and what is not issue.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: The Alchemist's Bench: drug pros and cons

Postby TMU » May 14th, 2014, 4:04 pm

I get the people that do smoke weed and use other drugs, and how they feel about it. Why does being happy and joyful (being high) is a bigger crime than drinking alcohol and punching people? I don't get that either.

To me, if you are using drugs or you have used, it is not my job to tell you how bad that is, since I have never done it. I think this is what got our "drug people" so mad at you Sjeng. It is their own life and they live it as they see it should be lived. There is nothing wrong with that until you do something bigger, like kill someone while using some drug. But I won't give anyone a lesson of life how they should not use drugs.
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1870
Images: 15
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: The Alchemist's Bench: drug pros and cons

Postby TMU » May 14th, 2014, 4:06 pm

Yep, 17-year old talking here. :D
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1870
Images: 15
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: The Alchemist's Bench: drug pros and cons

Postby Guybrush Threepwood » May 14th, 2014, 4:11 pm

In my eyes it's definitely more grown up to resist peer pressure at the age of 17 than it is to spam random people with self-congratulatory sermons against the society at the age of 30 plus.

Indeed the prohibition of marijuana (while cigarettes and alcohol remain legal) is very probably a complete scientific nonsense and yes, business companys and financial interests tend to influence legislation. But that's how marked-based democracies work. No need to attack somebody who's merely thankful of not depending on self-destructive addictions (may they be legal or not) to make it through the day. And I'm sure Sjeng did not in anyway attempt to engage such a debate or even bash drug users by stating being proud of never having done any drugs.
User avatar
Guybrush Threepwood

Fimir
Fimir
 
Posts: 63
Images: 13
Joined: June 15th, 2013, 2:06 pm
Location: Switzerland
Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests