• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

RIP, Stuff

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: RIP, Stuff

Postby Goblin-King » August 3rd, 2013, 6:44 am

With all said and done...

I've had adult players where I constantly twitch when they move the minis around like they were made of hardened steel.
Oh! And when they move through squares occupied by other minis, they always bop the mini in the head with the one they are moving like they were playing checkers!

Armgaurgllgrll! Those are hand painted minis I've spent hours painting! I know they are gaming pieces, but please don't do that!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: RIP, Stuff

Postby tasoe » August 3rd, 2013, 7:22 am

Goblin-King wrote:With all said and done...

I've had adult players where I constantly twitch when they move the minis around like they were made of hardened steel.
Oh! And when they move through squares occupied by other minis, they always bop the mini in the head with the one they are moving like they were playing checkers!

Armgaurgllgrll! Those are hand painted minis I've spent hours painting! I know they are gaming pieces, but please don't do that!
Sounds like some of my players. If they keep it up they'll soon be playing using papers with letters (as Schimdt suggested) instead of miniatures.

chaoticprime wrote:I live in a large house with my wife, son, daughter; my older brother--his wife, his two daughters; my younger brother, his wife, his two sons and best of all, my mother. At the end of the Bush-era the economy essentially collapsed and I lost my house and my older brother was going to lose his, so we doubled up. And then, our younger brother got discharged from the army for his having the highest category of PTSD, and moved in because he's too crazy to do anything.

In summary, there is no place safe from grabby child claws. One of my regular players moved to South Korea; my other regular had his girlfriend go nuts and run off to freaking Queensland--she just got back and they're dealing with that crap. My last player is my sister-in-law, and she got bored of HQ. So, if I want to play, I have to use the rats. Only, from now on, they can use piece-of-crap D&D miniatures.
Sounds crowded. I can't understand how you get so much work done with all those people around. You are a true hero. I live with my girlfriend and she sometimes get in the way of my painting. I can't imagine how it must be with kids.


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 697
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 1:05 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: RIP, Stuff

Postby Patroclus » August 3rd, 2013, 8:35 am

Kids are the worst enemies for the minis. Don’t let them play with your originals! And that was the reason I’ve made replicas from metal. They look at them and believe that they are toys... You can’t do anything about it. Just lock them away and wait until they grow enough to understand their value (not the kids, the minis I mean... lol). (If you don’t have replicas try to replace some of your minis from other games or reaper’s bones. They won’t understand the difference…)

Play with you original or painted minis only with adults! Except if you are very good with conversions (black humor)…

If you want to work in a house with kids, you can do it when they are sleeping in midday or late at night.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 658
Images: 19
Joined: January 31st, 2011, 9:07 am
Location: Athens, Greece
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: RIP, Stuff

Postby chaoticprime » August 3rd, 2013, 10:17 am

tasoe wrote:You are a true hero. I live with my girlfriend and she sometimes get in the way of my painting. I can't imagine how it must be with kids.


I do a lot of drugs.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1939
Images: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2013, 3:38 am
Location: Kansas City
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: RIP, Stuff

Postby knightkrawler » August 3rd, 2013, 12:31 pm

Funny how the female barbarian is the only HQ hero that can not be proxied with a Reaper Bones mini for the life of you, huh?
I would know, I took a good hard look.
Seriously, my condolences.

Sjeng wrote:holy *lemony goodness*.


Take that from somebody who edits other people's posts.
Lemony goodness.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: RIP, Stuff

Postby Daedalus » August 20th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Pin 'em. The female Barbarian and Elf, I mean.

Seriously, I'm sorry you got such a bum deal, but that's kids for ya. Keep at training them, and maybe one day they can paint figures for you as a pennance. Meanwhile, you can rebuild. It will take a while, but Ebay can help if you're patient. I just noticed a US Instruction Booklet for $5 and free shipping. That's half the price of what you paid before.
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5332
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: RIP, Stuff

Postby IvenBach » August 21st, 2013, 2:26 am

Oh sweet goodness... Aren't children wonderful? Especially if they aren't yours? All fun an nonsense aside it coulda been worse. Could have been more minis and all your HQ paper from cards to board to everything.

Now to bring back the fun an nonsense. Sarcasm: This is when you come up with a new trap. It's called the closet. Now how did I come up with this one? Well, you see, it was used on me quite liberally. Benefits include but are not limited to: Dark & Scary, Quiet (screams are muffled), Fur coats rapidly become monsters in children's minds, Out of the way. It can be used any time day or night and depending on which way the door opens may also be barricaded/locked. /Sarcasm

Any time I hear about something like this I remember back to a Jeff Foxworthy redneck sketch that ended up with him doing a rendition of his mother saying 'We just can't have nice things'. Sorry for the destruction the little monsters caused :(


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: RIP, Stuff

Postby chaoticprime » May 11th, 2014, 1:38 pm

My bookshelf collapsed this morning, crushing all of my Heroquest, Dark World, Zargon, and Super Dungeon Explore minis. It sucked.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1939
Images: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2013, 3:38 am
Location: Kansas City
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: RIP, Stuff

Postby knightkrawler » May 11th, 2014, 2:02 pm

I'm at a loss of words.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: RIP, Stuff

Postby IvenBach » May 11th, 2014, 2:20 pm

Look on the bright side, it can't happen again tomorrow. That does put a damper on things when stuff happens. Just keep on truckin.


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests