• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquesting Drinks

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby Seb » October 19th, 2013, 4:22 am

I think if you didnt GK you would have an uprising of your minions.. :D


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 171
Images: 0
Joined: February 24th, 2012, 10:49 am
Location: Auckland, Middle Earth, NZ
Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby Thantos » October 19th, 2013, 6:46 am

Image


What, in Sigmar's name, is in that burger? ... i want to try it :P
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 782
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 6:28 am
Location: UK
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby el_flesh » October 19th, 2013, 7:36 am

mix together ground beef, porc and veal. Sauce: bring a bottle of very dark beer to a boil -(GENTLY and in a BIG pot!)- then melt cream cheese , then at least 500g of the most aged cheddar you can get. Add some shallots, bit of garlic, whatever turns you on. This is also an amazing dip for fresh bread chunx. Super fattening, since you won't want to stop eating it; it's so dam tasty.
You can see some friend onions for the burger also.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1315
Images: 4
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby sajungzak » October 19th, 2013, 1:56 pm

This topic got me thinking about trying mead for the first time, and I found a promising source somewhat nearby. Hidden Legend Winery, located in the Rocky Mountains of western Montana. I happen to drive pretty much right by on my route for work once or twice a month!
They can ship to 27 states and DC. I don't think they do international.
http://www.hiddenlegendwinery.com/
It looks like they sell it at a health food store just a few miles from my house! I'm going to see if I can get some today and let you all know what I think. |_P
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 600
Joined: May 19th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Location: Spokane, Washington
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby knightkrawler » October 19th, 2013, 2:33 pm

There's a huge Nerd Store in Nuremberg. 4 stories high.
3rd floor: gaming
2nd floor: comic books & board/card games
1st floor: manga & merchandising
basement: tabletop/RPG/LARP, including a selection of MEAD.
Last edited by knightkrawler on October 19th, 2013, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby IvenBach » October 19th, 2013, 3:12 pm

HAHA 1st floor is booze to get people in. I'd suggest moving the larping to the 4th floor. Some of those people can be pretty creepy :o

Your burger reminds me of the type of food I make el_flesh. I accidentally came across it when there was nothing but scraps left in the fridge. Blue cheese (Lots of it!) + tuna + butter sauteed garlic + grilled caramelized onion + minimal mayonnaise + bowl. Mix it all together and then put it onto bread and grill it up till nice and golden brown on the outside. Making sure all that blue cheesy goodness is melted inside. Take out of grilling pan and immediately (must do) sprinkle with more blue cheese over the top. Right there you got yourself a beastly samich that tastes great, is terrible for your body, and whose exiting vapors the next day will clear room of your friends in no time flat. ... ... ... I want one now. You get yourself as many samiches like that as you can stomach, mines usually 4, a favorite drink and you're in bliss. :mrgreen:


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby knightkrawler » October 19th, 2013, 3:47 pm

IvenBach wrote:HAHA 1st floor is booze to get people in. I'd suggest moving the larping to the 4th floor. Some of those people can be pretty creepy :o


Didn't even have it right. Edited the post. Creepy LARPing is in the basement. Today I got more than a glance underneath a Victorian/Manga style cosplay dress when the girl (I think) went upstairs. Beautiful, greenhaired girl (I think). Sexy fishnets, hardbody ass. Anyway, bought some Hordes stuff, Warpborn Skinwalkers as my new gnolls and whatstheirname... boar beastmen as my new... uhm... boar beastmen.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby el_flesh » October 19th, 2013, 11:21 pm

What, you didn't follow to come on to her? Like she doesn't get enough of that from everyone else?

PS that Blue Cheese sammich - gotta try it sometime!!
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1315
Images: 4
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby IvenBach » October 20th, 2013, 12:26 am

If you dare to embark on that route make sure you got some good intestinal fortitude rolls or a high BP count. Lesser heroes have been slain by the bathroom beast more than once from eating it. If you can handle the 'barking spiders' that samich will summon then by all means gorge!


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Heroquesting Drinks

Postby knightkrawler » October 20th, 2013, 4:09 am

el_flesh wrote:PS that Blue Cheese sammich - gotta try it sometime!!


Dude, I have. At least something very similar. I know the recipe from your own thread or the food thread.
Me having eaten that thing is the reason why I didn't come on to the japanese maid. I need the real stuff now.
That, and my girlfriend surely would have asked where to freakin' put her and what I plan to freakin' do with that thing and am I out of my freakin' mind.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests