Geofonos wrote:How do you know that it's an original, authentic sketch? I mean, nowadays you can produce copies of pretty much whatever you like, make them look as authentic as can be nad can probably be determined authentic only if an art restoration scientist would run tests on the paper / ink etc.
Had the same issue about unreleased metal prototypes just the other day. There are quite a bunch of metal protos sold on ebay that are metal reproductions of the original prototype. Again, you'd need chemical test on the metal to determine the age of the prototype.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for grabing unreleased stuff but I'm also as cautious as a rogue when finding deals like that.
It was an original because the same artwork is on Les Edwards official website, unless it is a photocopy, but you can take a rubber and try to delete some of the artwork to see it is an original pencil sketch!
Geofonos wrote:Had the same issue about unreleased metal prototypes just the other day. There are quite a bunch of metal protos sold on ebay that are metal reproductions of the original prototype. Again, you'd need chemical test on the metal to determine the age of the prototype.
About certain prototypes I would like to get my hands on them (Barbarian, Elf and Fimir), even if they are copies. I guess I will never put my hands on the originals (Bryan Ansell have them all) so I am fine with recasts too. The fact someone are creating copies decrease the value of the originals. The more copies are around, the less their price. So, just set your own price and never offer more (I've seen many HQ and AHQ prototypes sold for 30 usd - recasts, of course). Once they've sold one copy they come out with another one, and another one and more. It costs about 1 dollar to produce a new one (until the mold break). Hint: there are some in Malta and Sivilla....
But even the originals are not the only set existing as they did some more for the closest people at Citadel.The only ones that will never decrease their value are the ones in Bryan Ansell collection as they are the ones we see on the box, painted by Mike McVey.










