Page 1 of 2

Using more than one Card decks

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2018, 7:13 pm
by Okko
I have 2 sets of EU cards - wondering if anyone has play tested using 2 decks of treasure cards or a variation of the 2decks i.e using more or the negative cards etc .

Re: Using more than one Card decks

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2018, 8:18 pm
by j_dean80
I would think 2 decks is basically the same as 1 deck. The ratio would still be the same.

Re: Using more than one Card decks

PostPosted: November 24th, 2018, 1:58 am
by Okko
The ratios are the same at the start but as positive cards are removed and negative ones returned to the pack so it becomes harder wondering if this dilution changes this too much or if adding only certain types of cards from the second deck adds to the game play.

Re: Using more than one Card decks

PostPosted: November 24th, 2018, 7:30 am
by Anderas
I settled for using 50 treasure cards. That's way more than the original, but still ramps the difficulty fast enough.

Re: Using more than one Card decks

PostPosted: November 24th, 2018, 8:56 am
by j_dean80
Between each Quest the deck is reshuffled. I don't see that many treasure searches happening in a quest.

Re: Using more than one Card decks

PostPosted: November 24th, 2018, 9:38 am
by lestodante
the percentage of positive and negative cards are still the same but there could be the possibility to find 10 Wandering Monster cards and 6 Traps right at the top of the deck. It is a rare case but, anything can happen.

Re: Using more than one Card decks

PostPosted: November 24th, 2018, 9:46 am
by Anderas
Theoretically the deck is reshuffled each time you put a bad card back.

I take the top 5 or 10 cards, fan them out and let the hero take one of them. Then I put them all under the deck, including any cards you have to return. Like that I have a sufficient turnover that any bad card can reappear on top, quite soon. Without destroying the cards by shuffling the deck to death.

If this procedure is in contradiction with some special cards, I let the cards take precedence of course.

Re: Using more than one Card decks

PostPosted: November 24th, 2018, 10:52 am
by j_dean80
My Heroes draw the top card. Good cards stay out and get reshuffled back in between quests. Bad cards just get placed on the bottom of the deck. They won't draw the same card again unless they use up the whole deck. In NA version you only draw a card if there is no existing quest treasure note. So unless there are a lot of rooms and EVERY Hero searches EVERY room for treasure, it is not likely to go through the whole deck. If they do I figure they should draw more hazards at that point and stop searching to speed up the game.

Re: Using more than one Card decks

PostPosted: November 24th, 2018, 12:06 pm
by Stoner81
My treasure deck was converted to a table and expanded so now it requires a D100 roll :D

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.

Re: Using more than one Card decks

PostPosted: November 25th, 2018, 12:41 pm
by Rath of Un
What I have done, is set the treasure deck for each quest buy either removing wondering monsters (easier quests) or removing the treasure (harder quests) It has worked out and I only give the players little hits in the beginning of the quest by added a little flavor to the text.