Page 1 of 1

Original Mini Sculptor(s)?

PostPosted: October 1st, 2018, 2:52 pm
by Spookyhappyfun
I'm sure it's been discussed before around here, but some searching and Googling didn't seem to give me any concrete results.

Does anyone know who sculpted the original minis for the Game System? I know the American expansions are a mystery and I'm not as concerned about the European ones, but if anyone knows, feel free to share!

Thanks!

Re: Original Mini Sculptor(s)?

PostPosted: October 1st, 2018, 3:39 pm
by lestodante
if with the word "original" you mean the metal prototypes, I can recognize the style of some sculptors by Citadel:
I am almost sure that Jes Goodwin sculpted the following: Barbarian, Elf, Wizard, Mummy, Fimir, Chaos Sorcerer, Chaos Warrior;
the Perry Twins sculpted the Dwarf;
Kev Adams sculpted Orc and Goblin;
I am not sure about Skeleton and Zombie, but I think they are from Jes Goodwin too, and maybe the Gargoyle too.
This is just my opinion based on the style of such sculptors and my perception on the miniatures.
Bob Naismith should have managed the sculpt of the plastic version instead, but supported by a different team (still not confirmed).

Re: Original Mini Sculptor(s)?

PostPosted: October 1st, 2018, 3:45 pm
by Thantos
Leeching from the other topic, i know Bob Naismith did a few of them. It was the first time sculpting for plastic casting. I wouldn't be surprised if Gary Morley also did some. I'll drop him an email if we are on the Sculptor Hunt! Im sure bob can also mention some other names, although at the time i get the impression it was just another sculpting project for Bob, so didnt stick too vividly in his mind all the details xD

Re: Original Mini Sculptor(s)?

PostPosted: October 1st, 2018, 4:45 pm
by lestodante
I am talking about the metal figures, not about the plastic ones we have.

hq metal prot.jpg