Page 1 of 1

Heroquest for PC?

PostPosted: June 4th, 2014, 7:20 pm
by Bumbles
Hello everyone,
I just joined and am looking forward to discussing HQ with all you guys.
The thing that brings me here is - I was playing HQ on PC via some downloads I found a while back. I was trying to find out who created it, etc. so I could ask them a question about it.

It's been a long time since I've played, so I'm interested to hear your guys' feedback. I can post the files if you need them, but it's a really slick way to play HQ when your wife is out of town visiting her parents. :-)

I found the .rar file and it is entitled:
[*]Hero Quest 2.08h (MeVII Mod 10-16-2010)
note: this should be hquest2.zip

I read through some of the read-me's, etc. and it pointed me to here... maybe I can find someone to help?

The main reason I came here was because I was playing through the dungeon set of levels and I got to level 6 and the level seems to have not been put together correctly, and a fireplace seems to be blocking the entrance to the room I need to get in. Not sure what I can do to keep playing, but I love it, so I thought I'd pursue it.

Looking forward to speaking with you all,
Bumbs

Re: Heroquest for PC?

PostPosted: June 4th, 2014, 7:21 pm
by Bumbles
Sorry - i quoted the wrong file in there! here is the link to the game I was playing. I just googled 'hquest2' (zip file I should have referenced) and this is the first hit:

https://www.allegro.cc/files/depot/1074 ... p?download

Let me know what you guys think,
Bumbs

Re: Heroquest for PC?

PostPosted: June 4th, 2014, 9:28 pm
by drathe
On my cell now and can't check the download. Sounds like Gerwin's. You should be able to contact him through his Website.
http://members.quicknet.nl/lm.broers/

Re: Heroquest for PC?

PostPosted: June 21st, 2014, 4:13 am
by ChrisColossus
If it is hquest2, I have the same PC game. Have you tried changing it in the quest editor? I believe you can go in there and move the fireplace then overwrite the quest file. I do apologize if I am wrong.

Re: Heroquest for PC?

PostPosted: June 21st, 2014, 4:25 am
by ChrisColossus
I was in error in my previous post. If hquest2 is the game, and the magic dungeon is the part you're playing, then I you cannot use the editor to change it(not to my knowledge anyway). Sorry if I led you astray. If you find out how to edit the magic dungeon let me know.