Page 1 of 2

Missing pieces

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 10:19 pm
by tazzette202
Can anyone tell me where I could get the figures for the game? I grew up playing this game with my older brother who painted all the figures but saddly when his son was about 7yrs old got into it and destroyed all of the figures. I would absolutely love to find the figures and surprise him for christmas this year. But unfortunately i cant afford to spend $300 per set. Any ideas or information where I could get them? I want unpainted so he can paint them again if he wanted to. I can be reached here or at my email tazzette202@aol.com, thanks so much for any info you can provide.
Amanda

Re: Missing pieces

PostPosted: November 24th, 2012, 4:27 am
by Sjeng
The basegame is often available on eBay, usually sells for around €20-40,- or $20-$50 ish, depending on how complete and intact it is.
The expansions Kellar's Keep and Witch Lord are also relatively common, and sell for a little more then that, but once in a while you might find the three together for a decent price.

The other expansions are pretty expensive though, but you can always get replacement minis from other manufacturers such as Warhammer, Mantic's Kings of War, Reaper games etc.

Re: Missing pieces

PostPosted: November 24th, 2012, 6:16 am
by TMU
I have one main game for sale but it is in Finnish :P Would you be still interested in buying that?

Re: Missing pieces

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 5:33 pm
by Daedalus
If you're in the US or Canada you could try Craig's List.

Boardgamegeek.com also has a community that sells games. Here's a link to some pretty good deals (scroll down towards the bottom of the page). Problem is, you gotta trust a private seller. A couple I noticed:

Two base games and the rare Elf Quest Pack and Barbarian Quest Pack: $200. Shipping is included, but the boxes are mixed and worn, and maybe everything isn't present. Some figures are painted. Still, really cheap for what you probably will get. I'd consider getting it myself, but international shipping will kill me.
The base game and two expansion pacs, probably Kellar's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord: $100.

Also, if you're patient you might get a decent deal on Ebay. However, Christmas season is a bad time to be looking.

Re: Missing pieces

PostPosted: November 26th, 2012, 6:20 am
by tasoe
Check out this auction. http://www.ebay.com/itm/330834960537?ss ... 1438.l2649
It contains all 35 figures of the basic game.

Re: Missing pieces

PostPosted: November 29th, 2012, 9:57 pm
by Blackthorn
Daedalus wrote:Two base games and the rare Elf Quest Pack and Barbarian Quest Pack: $200.


I actually just picked this up (found this thread afterwards) and the seller added Kellar's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord as well. It seemed like a great deal and I hope everything looks good when it arrives.

Re: Missing pieces

PostPosted: November 30th, 2012, 3:35 am
by Sinned
Daedalus wrote:
Two base games and the rare Elf Quest Pack and Barbarian Quest Pack: $200. Shipping is included, but the boxes are mixed and worn, and maybe everything isn't present. Some figures are painted.

So, basically you're buying a set:
-without any pix
-of which you don't know if it's complete and which pieces are missing/present
-what the exact state is
All in all: a big gamble (that can be a jackpot or a disaster)?

(or am I wrong?)

Re: Missing pieces

PostPosted: November 30th, 2012, 8:25 am
by TMU
Of course it's a gamble but if you want to get great victories you need to take great risks :)

Re: Missing pieces

PostPosted: November 30th, 2012, 11:58 am
by Blackthorn
Sure, there's some risk involved but the seller has history on BGG with postive feedback from 15 previous transations and is verified on Paypal. I also confirmed beforehand that the Barbarian and Elf Quest Packs are complete, as is one of the game systems. Everything else is just icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned. Just those two Quest Packs alone are a good deal at $200 and if I was so inclined, I could probably sell just one of them on eBay and turn a profit while still keeping all of the other stuff for my collection.

I didn't buy this stuff to re-sell it though. I'm excited about owning all of the US expansions and having a few extra copies of the game system to give to my kids. :D

Re: Missing pieces

PostPosted: November 30th, 2012, 4:59 pm
by TMU
I congratulate you for your great deal :)