Page 1 of 2

Rules help

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2019, 8:44 am
by Kitch1982
Quick couple of questions guys...

When wearing borins armour does it cancel out chain mail or can both be worn? I assume it cancels it out.

Secondly can monster's walk through open doors?

Also can you attack, shoot arrows or cast spells through open doors?

Re: Rules help

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2019, 9:10 am
by Goblin-King
1.) You can only wear 1 body armor, so yes, it's either Borin's Armor or the Chain Mail.

2.) Yes, once a hero has opened a door, all revealed monsters are free to walk through them. They just can't open doors (for gameplay reasons).

3.) Yes, as long as you have line of sight to your target.

Re: Rules help

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2019, 9:12 am
by Kitch1982
Good stuff! These are the rules I have always played but others have casted doubt in my mind!

Thanks!

Re: Rules help

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2019, 9:18 am
by SirRick
Borin's Armor functions as Plate Mail without the movement penalty, so you must choose to wear the Chain Mail or Borin's Armor but not both.

Its somewhat implied in the UK version, but the NA version of the armory is a little more clear. It says you can combine Chain Mail with a Helmet and/or Shield, but makes no mention of Plate Mail. The Plate Mail description also says it may be combined with a Helmet and/or Shield but Chain Mail is not mentioned.

Monsters can walk through open doors.

You can attack, shoot arrows, and cast spells through open doors as long as you can see your target.

It is also worth mentioning that you cannot conduct any sort of search through an open door, you must be in the room or corridor to do so.

Re: Rules help

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2019, 9:23 am
by Kitch1982
SirRick wrote:It is also worth mentioning that you cannot conduct any sort of search through an open door, you must be in the room or corridor to do so.


Yes this is my understanding too. Thanks for the response :)

Re: Rules help

PostPosted: February 4th, 2019, 11:26 am
by Kitch1982
I know there's a thread for game pics! However, i wanted to put these here as i asked the above questions while this game was playing. My son and I were hunting for the Spirit blade (penultimate quest of the original game). As you will see we have a few modifications to the original game (Men at arms are allowed and i use the High Elf, which is actually the elf from advanced hero quest!).

You'll all be glad to know that we obtained the spirit blade and the chaos sorcerer will soon be feeling it's blade!

Image

Searching the dungeon, with the hired help lagging behind!

Image

Same shot but different angle. Just for the record it was the High Elf (Me) who ended up storming that room. The Barbarian (also known as my son) was to0 sacred :lol:

Image

Seriously it was just a :fimir: and a couple of :orc: :orc: he really needs to man up!

Image

I kept forgetting to take pictures of our progress but this was me just before i stormed the skeletons and took the spirit blade!

Image

Even closer shot lol

Image

And finally a drone shot to finish off :lol:

Re: Rules help

PostPosted: February 4th, 2019, 12:04 pm
by Maurice76
I notice that you don't use closed doors?

Re: Rules help

PostPosted: February 4th, 2019, 12:48 pm
by Kitch1982
Maurice76 wrote:I notice that you don't use closed doors?


I only really use a closed door if the door is locked or if i want to add a different dimension. Otherwise I'm just constantly replacing doors lol.

Re: Rules help

PostPosted: February 4th, 2019, 2:15 pm
by mitchiemasha
No evil wizard???

Re: Rules help

PostPosted: February 5th, 2019, 10:16 am
by Kitch1982
mitchiemasha wrote:No evil wizard???


I play as Evil Wizard but my son leads us around the dungeon and does the searches (so I can not cheat). If we have enough hero players i play just as the EW.