Some rules questions, please help
Hi!
The EU version says that you can either search for treasure or traps AND secret doors. In the US version you can search for treasure or traps or secret doors, right?
I want to use the US version as it is better and more challenging. I'm from Austria so we played the EU version in the 90s. I was the dungeon master and it was boring as hell. One body point per monster? I could hardly hit a hero. It was way too easy. And guess what...we played it completely wrong. Before the actual game started I placed all monsters, doors and furniture. LOL Ok, the wizard instantly killed the Gargoyle with a spell (second mistake! As both were in different rooms)...it just sucked. LOL
I think later on we played it correctly but still the monsters were totally weak with one body point.
Back to my questions...
a) heroes can search for three things, right (treasure, traps, secret doors)?
b) heroes cannot search for treasure in corridors, right?
c) how often can a room be searched? I found a manual which said that EACH hero may search a room once...but we used to play this way that each room can only be searched once...what's correct?
d) if all treasure cards have been used, should you reshuffle the deck? Or is searching limited to the number of cards? If they are reshuffled it's a bit odd in my opinion. If the wandering monster is weak and each hero is allowed to search a room the heroes could search again and again and get tons of gold (as cards are not put away but reshuffled and used more than once in the quest)
e) if a room contains e.g. a table...can you search the table AND the room in general? Or can you just say "I'm searching for treasure" and you automatically search the table? The quest book sometimes say that a piece of furniture contains a treasure...are you allowed to search the furniture and the room in general or just the room (and automatically find the treasure in the table) or just the furniture?
f) the EU version's first quest is The Maze. It is not difficult. The US' first quest is The Trial. As far as I remember the wizard doesn't even have his spells...there's even a Gargoyle...why is this the FIRST quest? It is more difficult than quests 2 or 3...
The EU version says that you can either search for treasure or traps AND secret doors. In the US version you can search for treasure or traps or secret doors, right?
I want to use the US version as it is better and more challenging. I'm from Austria so we played the EU version in the 90s. I was the dungeon master and it was boring as hell. One body point per monster? I could hardly hit a hero. It was way too easy. And guess what...we played it completely wrong. Before the actual game started I placed all monsters, doors and furniture. LOL Ok, the wizard instantly killed the Gargoyle with a spell (second mistake! As both were in different rooms)...it just sucked. LOL
I think later on we played it correctly but still the monsters were totally weak with one body point.
Back to my questions...
a) heroes can search for three things, right (treasure, traps, secret doors)?
b) heroes cannot search for treasure in corridors, right?
c) how often can a room be searched? I found a manual which said that EACH hero may search a room once...but we used to play this way that each room can only be searched once...what's correct?
d) if all treasure cards have been used, should you reshuffle the deck? Or is searching limited to the number of cards? If they are reshuffled it's a bit odd in my opinion. If the wandering monster is weak and each hero is allowed to search a room the heroes could search again and again and get tons of gold (as cards are not put away but reshuffled and used more than once in the quest)
e) if a room contains e.g. a table...can you search the table AND the room in general? Or can you just say "I'm searching for treasure" and you automatically search the table? The quest book sometimes say that a piece of furniture contains a treasure...are you allowed to search the furniture and the room in general or just the room (and automatically find the treasure in the table) or just the furniture?
f) the EU version's first quest is The Maze. It is not difficult. The US' first quest is The Trial. As far as I remember the wizard doesn't even have his spells...there's even a Gargoyle...why is this the FIRST quest? It is more difficult than quests 2 or 3...