• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

COMMANDER OF THE GUARDIAN KNIGHTS discussion

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

Re: COMMANDER OF THE GUARDIAN KNIGHTS discussion

Postby Kurgan » August 29th, 2022, 6:19 pm

There is no guidance provided on how to use them, so you can pretty much use them how you want to. They could be a replacement for another hero, or an NPC or mercenary that appears, or a replacement for someone who dies (like the Bard in Spirit Queen's Torment), or a sixth player at the table, a monster to fight, a piece of furniture (statue) or something else we haven't thought of...

But most likely it appears they were probably intended to be swapped out for one of the four basic heroes in Group quests that have already been released to add variety. Or inspire you to create your own adventures based on their skills maybe.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Kurgan » October 5th, 2022, 3:05 pm

The latest HeroQuest Companion App Update says that it adds the Guardian Knight AND the Rogue Heir of Elethorn to the list of selectable heroes.

Thanks Elvyler for the news!

And of course this fuels speculation (as before) that the Guardian Knights will be returning in some form or another (possibly even with the "Rise of the Dread Moon" expansion pack that doesn't yet have an official release date)...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » October 5th, 2022, 3:24 pm

These news are important since how the Guardian Knights may be used in the app makes official, in some way, how they can be used in the game.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » October 5th, 2022, 3:58 pm

Virg reports that you can use Knight's Challenge within corridors (important for Frozen Horror and Mage of the Mirror with those Wandering Monster Traps!) as long as the target is within LOS. But apparently not all the cards are visible (yet? ever?).

The app doesn't let you have more than one of any Hero character type at the same time. I like that the App is open ended so that at least SOME homebrew stuff can easily be done, but it's not perfect. Certainly challenging to account for everything...

Now if we could just get "Rogar's Hall" added to that "Pulse" quest section! ;)

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » October 5th, 2022, 8:14 pm

The app does not show the skill cards of the Rogue and Knight characters, I don't like it...

In other hand, is interesting to see how the app deals with the party heroes at the beginning of quest #6 from ROTWL expansion when they are not the canonical heroes (Barbarian, Elf, Dwarf and Wizard). I can confirm the app places both Rogue and Knight inside the cell if playing alone (the app automatically adds the Barbarian and Elf in the central room). If playing both new characters with the Wizard and Elf, the app places the Knight and Wizard in the cell and the Rogue and Elf in the ce tral room. And so on... I do not understand what is the criterion followed by the app on this.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby joec » October 7th, 2022, 2:03 pm

"The Knight of."
C'mon Hasbro. Fix your release notes.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » December 22nd, 2022, 3:00 pm

HispaZargon wrote:The app does not show the skill cards of the Rogue and Knight characters, I don't like it...

In other hand, is interesting to see how the app deals with the party heroes at the beginning of quest #6 from ROTWL expansion when they are not the canonical heroes (Barbarian, Elf, Dwarf and Wizard). I can confirm the app places both Rogue and Knight inside the cell if playing alone (the app automatically adds the Barbarian and Elf in the central room). If playing both new characters with the Wizard and Elf, the app places the Knight and Wizard in the cell and the Rogue and Elf in the ce tral room. And so on... I do not understand what is the criterion followed by the app on this.

So they are prisoners who then become controllable NPCs? Interesting.

When we grew up playing the original campaign it would have been more unusual to play with less than four heroes than to control more than for one player to control more than one hero (often it was four heroes controlled by one vs. zargon).

Of course the way I play today (HeroQuestFans on twitch) I don't mind at all new heroes joining mid-quest, or people joining like they are popping a quarter into a party video game and even using a character created by someone else to use for awhile.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » January 3rd, 2023, 6:17 pm

Zargon twitter account has (I guess) confirmed today that next expansion Rise of the Dread Moon will include in some kind at least one Guardian Knight:

Screenshot_20230103-231444_Facebook.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » January 4th, 2023, 10:31 am

We had basic implication before that they would be included, now I consider this 110% confirmation! Will they just be in a different pose? I am hoping they get HELMETS this time.

Thanks HZ! I saw it on discord just now and figured someone would be posting it here too... great!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » January 4th, 2023, 10:48 am

Well, would be interesting seeing them with helms, of course. Difficult to understand a knight without it...

About the pose, I would bet yes, they will probably have different pose since I guess they should be different miniatures from the Commander of the Guardian Knights pack, probably because of pseudo-legal reasons since it was an 'exclusive' pack, so they cannot repeat the same miniature, or who knows.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items