Page 1 of 3

GAME MASTER PROGRAM RANDOMLY GENERATED & TALKING

PostPosted: March 19th, 2011, 8:32 am
by gravaillon
I'm actually working on an alternate game master program which will allow you to replay all the official quest packs.
So what's new, and why remake a game master program ?

In my program, you have no need to move your heroes, just click on the room to reveal what's inside.
On each room, you have a lot of randomly generated sound ambiance and music which are played to match perfectly with actual situation (combat, thrilling, glory...etc). :shock:

The monsters rolls their own dice for attack & defend. No need too to count your body points or mind points, the program take care of that. Very nice graphic environment too. :o

The program talk to you too, like a real game master. :shock: :shock: :shock: He also make some describes randomly generated.

The program are making some variants too (Chests emplacements, chests contains, traps, doors, furnitures emplacements...etc.) Number and places of monsters are variable too and also type. :shock: All is not fully randomly generated. The program keep the topography of all quests, but make some minor changes... It's interesting for the heroes that knows exactly where all elements are. So you can play the official quests infinitly.

I have made the first quest of return of the witch lord, and it works well... I must include the sounds and the combat system, and also the corrridor system which is more difficult to make than the room system... But it's very interesting.

Tell me if you think that it could be usefull, I will post a demo soon (voices in french but english subtitles will be available... or perhaps anyone would record the voices in english...) :roll:

Re: GAME MASTER PROGRAM RANDOMLY GENERATED & TALKING

PostPosted: March 19th, 2011, 8:24 pm
by el_flesh
will you make it with lurchbrick's 3D iso? If he allows...
I would love THAT one to be randumbized...

Re: GAME MASTER PROGRAM RANDOMLY GENERATED & TALKING

PostPosted: March 20th, 2011, 3:11 am
by Big Bene
Hi!

I'm not familiar with the GM software and at the moment I see no need for it. But that's just me.
Just wanted to offer some help - I could do German voice recordings. Just send me the lines you need (in English, my knowledge of French is absolute basic). I will translate them and record them.
Could do it in English, too. I've been told my English is quite good, but perhaps that was just polite... don't know. :roll:
I doubt I can pass for a native speaker, but at least we could give it a try.

Re: GAME MASTER PROGRAM RANDOMLY GENERATED & TALKING

PostPosted: March 20th, 2011, 4:08 pm
by HeroQuestFrance
Good idea but if you do not have a computer closer how do you do ?!?
This is my case that's why I ask !

I'm working on a non GM system as for space crusade & doom ones I have finished.
In fact I used the the basic system of D&D castle ravenloft & ashadalon ! each mob has a matrix to move and attack.
The essential point is to not make print a thousand of pages for new cards etc so I try to maximize everything using the original material given.

Re: GAME MASTER PROGRAM RANDOMLY GENERATED & TALKING

PostPosted: March 20th, 2011, 4:20 pm
by gravaillon
yeah that's why I have decided to use the computer... No print to make... I have also thinking making it on paper first, but, too more pages... I think that today, in 2011, most players have a notebook or a computer close to the game place.

But your work interest me a lot... If I find it great, I will certainly abandonned my game master program without any regret... Waiting for your download link... Not a lot of patience...

Re: GAME MASTER PROGRAM RANDOMLY GENERATED & TALKING

PostPosted: March 20th, 2011, 6:30 pm
by el_flesh
Why not get a bunch of us to give different char voices?
Guess what I can do well?...

Re: GAME MASTER PROGRAM RANDOMLY GENERATED & TALKING

PostPosted: March 21st, 2011, 2:00 am
by gravaillon
the drunk wizards???*
no seriously, you can record all of the notes from first quest of return of the witch lord... Not literaly, but like a direct message for the players. Same things for other quests. (and also the story on the scroll).

Record in 44000Hz, Mono or stereo... Send it in a ZIP pack at heroquest-remaster@hotmail.fr.
Thanks for help !

Re: GAME MASTER PROGRAM RANDOMLY GENERATED & TALKING

PostPosted: March 21st, 2011, 8:07 am
by el_flesh
Hell I think a few of us should do it - then Grav can choose the voice acting he likes best!
Ken will have an immediate advantage with his fantasy-genre accent...

Re: GAME MASTER PROGRAM RANDOMLY GENERATED & TALKING

PostPosted: March 21st, 2011, 12:13 pm
by gravaillon
"grav have the choice, he is the only one who can decide"... it sounds pretty good ! I like this...

Re: GAME MASTER PROGRAM RANDOMLY GENERATED & TALKING

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 5:43 am
by HeroQuestFrance
HeroStar : your mights can do nothing without a voice.
Become the pop star the most known of the best gameboard.
And don't forget to buy the live on DVD & blue ray including the making of, the casting & the censored scenes.

:lol: