Page 1 of 2

Random Heroquest (SoLoDELVE)

PostPosted: November 9th, 2022, 3:03 am
by TheMaphatter
Hello there. I'd like to introduce you to SoLoDELVE. SoLoDELVE is my experimental solo-version of Heroquest with randomized adventure layouts decided by a sophisticated network of roll tables housed in a visual interface panel called 'MorDoorS'. It is built inside Fantasy Grounds Core RPG System.

Previously I was 'sorcerersapprentice' here on Ye Olde Inn but had to change my name as I cannot recall my previous login. My Love of HQ began in the early 90's and continues to this day - seeing me work on various super versions of HQ, contribute tiles and tokens to the Italian Heroquest and now creating a playable HQ inside Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletop. My aim is to perfect the system and then release it to the public.

After I lost ALL of my painted figures I'd been carrying around since age 16, replaced them with new ones which I haven't had time to paint, and bored with D&D and preferring a set-system heavy on combat, and unable to find other players online to quest with - I built SoLoDELVE to rekindle my love of HQ and be able to play it anytime without ever knowing what will happen.
Designed to retain the element of surprise, no quest is the same - and even I don't know what to expect in this completely unpredictable dungeon adventure maker/Heroquest emulator. But, after live-streaming my adventure, every adventure is then charted using HeroScribe, finished with a quest objective and description, and shared freely as I build a campaign of new adventures.

If you want to learn more about SoLoDELVE itself, please join my new group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2074184916303981
If you'd like to join a livestream please visit my twitch: https://dashboard.twitch.tv/u/maphatter ... gs/channel
If you want a tour of the program and to watch play-through sessions, please check out my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDF2sZ ... 3mD2sSFncw

Kind Regards,
The Map Hatter

Re: Random Heroquest (SoLoDELVE)

PostPosted: November 17th, 2022, 6:00 pm
by Kurgan
Welcome to the forums. An interesting idea, among many that have been tried to create a truly solo, randomized HeroQuest experience.

Good luck!

Re: Random Heroquest (SoLoDELVE)

PostPosted: November 19th, 2022, 5:06 pm
by TheMaphatter
Hello - certainly not the first, and hopefully not the last. But it works and unlike other solo-heroquest players I'm aware of, this one randomly generates the content.

I'm close to completing it and will share a link to download it for free when I have ensured to the best of my ability it is bug-free and functioning as expected.

Re: Random Heroquest (SoLoDELVE)

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2022, 3:46 pm
by TheMaphatter
Hi again - here are 12 mapped Quests for "CLASH OF THE TITANS" and the SoLoDELVE Module for use with Fantasy Grounds demo version.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

Cheers :)

Re: Random Heroquest (SoLoDELVE)

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2022, 4:57 pm
by cornixt
Could you explain this a bit more, they look like ordinary quests with no random elements.

Also, several of the maps are missing the circled letters that are explained in the notes.

Re: Random Heroquest (SoLoDELVE)

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2022, 6:06 pm
by TheMaphatter
Whoops. fixed it.

They're made randomly using a complex table-roller, played through on a VTT, then mapped. see video links etc above.

Re: Random Heroquest (SoLoDELVE)

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2022, 3:04 am
by Markus Darwath
How do you get it to work on FG demo? My understanding of Fantasy Grounds is that you have to connect to a host (who has purchased the software license) in order to actually play? I could be missing something, as I've never really messed with it outside of being a free player in a group.

Re: Random Heroquest (SoLoDELVE)

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2022, 11:56 am
by TheMaphatter
Markus Darwath wrote:How do you get it to work on FG demo? My understanding of Fantasy Grounds is that you have to connect to a host (who has purchased the software license) in order to actually play? I could be missing something, as I've never really messed with it outside of being a free player in a group.


If you can drag the SoLoDELVE (SD) module into the module area you should be able to open it from the Library inside the program. You don't have to join anyone's table, and its just a free-standing module, so it should work.

Re: Random Heroquest (SoLoDELVE)

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2022, 7:07 pm
by TheMaphatter
It works as described.
1. Make a new account in the Fantasy Grounds forum.
2. Download the Demo and Install.
3. When it launches go to the data folder on main screen (top left icon looks like a folder).
4. Drag SD module into the modules/folder.
5. Create new campaign with new name from the FGU Launcher - select Core RPG.
6. Launch.
7. Inside FGU open the Library and go to module activation.
8. Activate the module.
9. You now have access to the SoLoDELVE module.

10. I will be making some video instructions on usage this week.

Re: Random Heroquest (SoLoDELVE)

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2022, 7:51 pm
by Markus Darwath
Thanks for the info. So this is for Unity, rather than the old FG?