Page 1 of 1

Custom printed Dice (BGM)

PostPosted: January 20th, 2021, 10:11 pm
by Kurgan
So I got some rather expensive dice made ($5 each). They are 16mm plastic with rounded corners (similar to the german dice).

They have a nice matte finish (which preserves the ink better I've found).

The designs are some kind of printed ink which has a shiny surface and almost looks like it was 3d printed on.The only thing is I can tell I must have left a few white pixels on the artwork (rather than pure single-color vector graphics). So they're not perfect. Still, I like them even though if you look closely you can see the imperfection. The idea behind these was for an alternate set to differentiate Zargon's dice from those used by the Heroes. :skull: :whiteshield: :blackshield: :skull: :whiteshield: :blackshield:

Now if I really wanted to spend some serious cash, I could get inscribed plastic dice (unfortunately only in white). I'll have to think long and hard about that...

Re: Custom printed Dice (BGM)

PostPosted: January 21st, 2021, 11:33 am
by Kurgan
Another shot...

Re: Custom printed Dice (BGM)

PostPosted: January 21st, 2021, 1:35 pm
by ajjohnsen
What's the latest word from Decipher and his Black/Red "Zargon Dice" project? I remember it being pretty close to being ready and less than $5 a die lol

Re: Custom printed Dice (BGM)

PostPosted: January 21st, 2021, 6:08 pm
by lestodante
What about the dice size? Are they bigger than the originals or is it just the design printed on a smaller area of the face?

Re: Custom printed Dice (BGM)

PostPosted: January 21st, 2021, 6:20 pm
by Kurgan
The originals are tiny, so yes, they are bigger. I might be able to soak these in red ink wash to clear up the "white edges."

Re: Custom printed Dice (BGM)

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2021, 7:48 pm
by Kurgan
I've eyeballed them in comparison to the German plastic dice and they are a tiny bit smaller when placed side by side. So I'm going to guess they are 15mm instead of 16mm until I can measure them with an actual ruler.

A bit like how the reproduction wooden dice being discussed on these forums are slightly smaller than the original classic dice.

BGM lets you pick a couple of sizes, but this was the closest I could get to the plastic dice I already had.

Re: Custom printed Dice (BGM)

PostPosted: May 30th, 2021, 6:34 pm
by lestodante
I have to clarify, on a more accurate inspection I understood the custom dice were also 14 mm as the original, the feeling of being smaller is caused only by the corners rounded in a different way.
Original: corners rounded;
Remake: corners and sides rounded.
Excellent quality anyway.