• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Expanded HQ Universe

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Weltenlaeufers Expanded HQ Universe

Postby Weltenlaeufer » May 13th, 2019, 9:03 am

Anderas wrote:I put a lamp above mine to see where the highlights should be, and then I painted them on as seen. As my painting is mere medium good, it wasn't perfect, but sufficient.

Yours are good already.

Thanks Anderas for the tip! I am still new to painting. :) Today I actually saw the mummies in daylight and I actually like them now. I think I ll keep them this way, I wouldnt know what to do next with them anyway. :lol: Off to the chaoswarriors! :)

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Weltenlaeufer » May 14th, 2019, 1:36 pm

So here are the Chaos warriors. I tried to get them close to the ones on the box cover.

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » May 29th, 2019, 4:18 pm

As I am working myself up, trying to motivate myself to paint the heroes, witchlord, gargoyle and last two zombies the last addition to the outside terrain arrived. Deep tunnels, underground burrows!

I am in love with the DF stuff, they are really creating killer terrain. Glad I finally decided to buy some of it. The movement grid is hidden naturally in the tunnels and chambers in 1 inch squares between stones and little roots. Also there are holes in the tunnels that can get replaced with either traps, regular cover or insect eggnests. There are also elevationpieces, that can elevate the whole thing or parts of it. :goblin: :fimir: :orc:

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » June 8th, 2019, 2:58 pm

Indulging in more terrain madness I was able to hunt down a few DF resin lake tiles! They are quite rare and I ve been wanting to get these since when I first saw them years ago but never got around to working myself up to it. They really are as cool as everyone says they are. Amazing detail with a really cool watereffect with clear transparent resin.

So I was setting them up for the first time today together with the cavernsystem and I realized I found the fimirs natural habitat! :D :lol: am thinking I gonna create a Fimir cave storyline/mission around it. :D

It was funny, I was doing some things in my kitchen before and found a can of slime for kids someone gave me as a joke for my birthday. I actually found a really epic use for it now, it goes superwell with the laketiles and fits the terrain like a slimey glove :lol: :fimir: :fimir: :fimir:

Fimirpalooza!

Here are the tiles just by themselves

Last edited by Weltenlaeufer on July 2nd, 2019, 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » June 8th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Fimirs can move through the pools, but the Heroes can’t? Maybe they can even submerge when on a pool square, meaning they can’t be hit with missile weapons etc.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » June 8th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Pancho wrote:Fimirs can move through the pools, but the Heroes can’t? Maybe they can even submerge when on a pool square, meaning they can’t be hit with missile weapons etc.

Yesss!! I was thinking along the same lines. The submerge idea is epic Pancho! I was also thinking that they emerge from the pools. The heroes might be allowed to swim to the little islands if they want to or not...I dont know....so many ideas. I was also thinking about how to incorporate the slime....maybe it has a fimir healing capacity to restore one bodypoint when one reaches it. :lol:

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » June 26th, 2019, 12:53 pm

So after having found the fimirs hangout I discovered the witchlords parallel dimension.....which reminds me off.... I have to paint this guy finally... :lol: Well anyway :roll: ....there is gonna be portals that teleport the heroes from the mainboard to the lava witchlord domain. Maybe I ll have them find a potion on the mainboard that takes them out of body and astral travel to this level where they gotta find a key or something special to help them on their quest! I gotta say again...this terrain is something I have never seen before. Just setting it up is a blast. And I still gotta finish painting the last few models. Its summer anyway so its all gonna be preparation for winter Heroquest palooza! :lol: :P :gargoyle: :chaoswarrior:

Last edited by Weltenlaeufer on June 26th, 2019, 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » June 26th, 2019, 4:24 pm

Wow that looks incredible!
Will you be able to resist putting a Dragon boss in there?! :lol:

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » June 26th, 2019, 10:45 pm

Have you seen their active kickstarter of lava terrain? It is awesome.https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/hellscape-modular-lava-terrain-from-dwarven-forge
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » June 27th, 2019, 3:19 am

DullandRusty wrote:Have you seen their active kickstarter of lava terrain? It is awesome.https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/hellscape-modular-lava-terrain-from-dwarven-forge

Yes thanks Rusty, I ve seen it,
I am not a big fan of the dwarvenite I have to say. I love the heavy stonelike resin feeling. I figured for me its cheaper to hunt down an old resin set here and there but I am good now. :)
Last edited by Weltenlaeufer on June 27th, 2019, 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics