• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Expanded HQ Universe

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: W's Expanded HQ Universe

Postby Weltenlaeufer » December 14th, 2020, 7:07 pm

Next session in the making, prep is done!

The party will get together after our dwarf and rogue meet in a prison cell and escape together. Our rogue got caught when trying to cheat the corrupt local guardsmen at a game of cards and was put into prison, our dwarf after having survived our last mission got into a tavern brawl after a comment on his beard and was locked away in the same cell.

After they manage to escape somehow, they gonna meet our elven wizard, who ventured out into the world to seek out and bring back new knowledge to his high elven temple and who came to the city because of a series of dreams that foreshadowed a group of four friends coming together and our elven ranger hermit who in his life of seclusion discovered a disruptance in the energy of the world....a corruption of the energy that permeates all living things, a corruption that he seeks to find the source for.
They gonna meet in the Wandering Wagon Inn in Nuln where they ll hear about the rumors about the kidnappings in the borderlands near Black Water Lake. They ll hear the stories about the Mad King, who build his castle at the edges of Black Water Lake on an old burial ground which used to be the scene for black magicians and necromancers doing experiments centuries ago. After building the castle the king got possessed by astral beings and led a war against his own people slaughtering thousands until his army was defeated and he took his own life and jumped into the lake....the stories about the place became legend and noone ever dared to search his ruined castle which became known as Dreadlake Castle. Legend says the place is haunted but full of treasure....A few went and tried their luck but noone ever returned....Lately there are whispers that something is happening in that area again....travellers and wildlings that crossed these lands told stories that there was movement seen in the area around the castle.....this also coincided with more dissappearings....something sinister is happening if the rumors are true....After they stock up on supplies and do whatever they wanna do in town (they get one day) they gonna get on their travels to seek out Black Water Lake and find the ruins of Dreadlake Castle....a 4 day travel lies ahead and after they reach their destination this is what they gonna find...

to be continued...

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Weltenlaeufer » December 16th, 2020, 1:06 pm

Our session happened yesterday....epic evening! First prisonescape roleplaymadness, then all of these characters meeting in the city, storyhookdelivery by the locals, the party almost getting caught by guards as our rogue tried to steal a veil of poison at the alchemists shop failing his sleight of hand check and boom off they went running to the city gates off for a three day travel and into the woods. :D |_P :mrgreen: :goblin: :dwarf:

After arriving in the forest at dawn the two elfs went straight ahead into the darkness of the woods to see whats goin on at the lake, while Bruno our dwarf and Longshadow our rogue just went to take a friggin nap in the middle of the forest at night without a fire or any kind of guardshift....so I rolled if and if HOW MANY wolves are gonna attack these fools :lol: :lol: turned out it was only one wolf but he almost chewed an arm off. :lol: :mrgreen: :fimir: They took care of him quickly and then after a guarded night of sleep, went ahead exploring the forest on a dark, gloomy day that was darker than any day they have ever experienced....they eventually found a little wooden plankboat which was broken and unusable. So they took the pier apart and Bruno got to work fixing up a new boat to cross the river....

to be continued...
Last edited by Weltenlaeufer on March 19th, 2021, 4:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » December 17th, 2020, 3:58 pm

After testing the boat for security for some unexplainable reason they decided to split, take the friggin dead wolf with them on the boat and leave Bruno and our wizard back on the shore....

when they had the idea to throw the wolf into the lake, they kinda provoked the first attack by lizardmen surpriseattacking them out of the water...they survived being unable to fight back....but this was just the beginning....

until the fog came in

and surrounded their little boat

being unable to make out directions they had to role a d8 for random direction :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I had a d4 timer set for random attacks by lizardmen, which came in quite frequently! :mrgreen: Hitpoints were lost....no sense of direction or chance for outside help....evil pulse via soundapp dropped in....Tension got high! :mrgreen:

meanwhile the other partymembers getting worried started to craft a second boat....

to be continued...

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » December 18th, 2020, 10:27 pm

No idea if someone is reading this here but I just keep posting away cause its fun and a nice memory for me! I always like to take pictures before I tear down a build cause each build is unique and once its gone its gone. Especially when we have a gamenight I like to send out the pics to my players after, so they have the story as a picture story line. And its just epic fun to take these pics, with cool lighting and fx! :D

Sooooooooo
after they managed to craft a second little boat they ventured out to look for their friends screaming through the fog and after leaving the shore eventually got answered by our two lost stragglers in the fog. The party got reuinited.

So they tied their boats together....
and got attacked!

After surviving the attack, badly damaged, the direction dice took them straight into a stalagmite field....I didnt expect that so I kind had to roll if their boat sinks or not....so I announced if I roll a 1 on a d6 its gonna sink....I tried to really make it NOT happen....well....I rolled a friggin 1 :lol: :lol: and they swam for their lives and reached the shore.They had to swim along the shore because of the high cliffs that framed the lake. Another attack from a lizardcreature took our Rogue down to zero hitpoints and he fell unconscious in the water. Noone was near, so I set a 1 minute sandglas timer in which one of the party had to reach him so he doesnt drown and die....the wizard just BARELY made it with the last grain of sand running through! :mrgreen: Its crazy cause I really didnt want him to die but once he hit zero...in the water (!!) I had no other choice to make it dependent on a timer, it was dramatic! :D :fimir: :lol:

Once they reached the castle they realized that it was protected by a mysterious green pulsating forcefiled that dealt a nice d8 damage upon touch. It was connected somehow to the strangely glowing green orbs. The mystery of the orbs had to be solved before the caste could be entered.

It was an epic gamenight. Everyone had a blast and I am stoked to design and build the next chapter for this soon! |_P |_P
Last edited by Weltenlaeufer on March 22nd, 2021, 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » December 20th, 2020, 7:32 am

Last edited by Weltenlaeufer on March 22nd, 2021, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » December 20th, 2020, 3:21 pm

What are you using for fog? I've been toying with using fog but wasn't sure how wet things would get
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » December 22nd, 2020, 11:38 pm

DullandRusty wrote:What are you using for fog? I've been toying with using fog but wasn't sure how wet things would get

SuperFog 2, reptilefogger

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » December 22nd, 2020, 11:42 pm

Got a new player joining next session and just finished painting his mini. He is gonna be our eccentric dwarven cleric who ventured out into the world to eat magic plants and found his faith this way. Life cleric healer! :mrgreen: :lol:

Last edited by Weltenlaeufer on March 19th, 2021, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » January 6th, 2021, 6:52 pm

My 3 D HeroQuest Board project advances! All tiles have finally been casted! I am superstoked that the casting is finally done and it goes into the next stage!

Here is the whole thread:
http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=165&t=5014&start=50

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » January 18th, 2021, 10:21 pm

Next session is in preparation and I needed some zombies. So I painted up this crew that arrived from otherworldminiatures yesterday and today!

Last edited by Weltenlaeufer on March 19th, 2021, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics