• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Expanded HQ Universe

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Weltenlaeufers Expanded HQ Universe

Postby Weltenlaeufer » May 7th, 2019, 12:07 pm

Figomurphy wrote:This project looks absolutely amazing. Things like this really bring out the inner child in me. Your painting also looks great. Very inspiring. You’ll have a great time with the Hirst arts stuff. The possibilities are endles. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Figomurphy! I feel the same since I bought this HeroQuest copy beginning of the year my inner child is on! I am looking forward to the hirstarts molding!! :D

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Weltenlaeufer » May 10th, 2019, 2:26 pm

Oooookay here are the skeletons with a further wash and drybrush! Thanks again Krautscientist, I like them way better now! :) maybe I should add another highlight after the drybrush....

And the fimirs!! Finally, these took a while and I am still on the fence if I should do a step of highlighting. I like the wash that colored the skin, so I dont know if I should go back in with a further highlight or not. I am still a bit cautious to not overdo things, once I like a stage.....

And the mummies....I kind of started to like the dirty look the wash gave them....but again still on the fence, if I should add highlights or not....and I gotta do something with the little face part that shows.

Again, I am always happy for feedback and suggestions! :)

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby arch8ngel » May 10th, 2019, 4:16 pm

I would highlight the mummies.

Digging out my painted minis from 15 years ago, I wonder if the matte sealer I used darkened the minis over time, because my skeletons and mummies are all WAY darker than I remember.

So now that I'm finishing up (only finished about half the total set back then -- did the heroes, undead, and half of the greenskins) -- I'm seriously considering highlighting over my old work on the mummies and skeletons to brighten them up.
arch8ngel

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Weltenlaeufer » May 10th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Yeah thanks arch8ngel! I was thinking the same....I gotta say though I really dont know where I should highlight them with all these bandages...

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » May 11th, 2019, 3:45 am

Great job on those Fimir. I’d consider them done.

Funnily enough I’m repainting my own Mummies at the moment. I find them the most laborious due to all the bandages and the monochrome nature of the model. I’d suggest painting the small areas of flesh a completely different colour to the bandages. I went with a decaying green on one Mummy and a bone white on the other. Also, you could paint the eyes a bright colour to even more variation.
A simple highlight on the bandages and on the bases and then I think they’ll look brill.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » May 11th, 2019, 9:19 am

Pancho wrote:Great job on those Fimir. I’d consider them done.

Funnily enough I’m repainting my own Mummies at the moment. I find them the most laborious due to all the bandages and the monochrome nature of the model. I’d suggest painting the small areas of flesh a completely different colour to the bandages. I went with a decaying green on one Mummy and a bone white on the other. Also, you could paint the eyes a bright colour to even more variation.
A simple highlight on the bandages and on the bases and then I think they’ll look brill.

Thanks Pancho! I gonna do that and gonna highlight the topside of the bandages. I wanna do the bases at the very end once all minis are done. Thanks for the tips! :)

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » May 12th, 2019, 6:55 am

I agree, the mummies need washes and hilights and the skin parts need to be painted in a fifferent color (green, blue, violet or grey will be fine).
Also the Fimirs look good but even better if you can paint an eye dot on the centre of the red bulb (it is big, I guess you can do it succesfully). And you could also try to paint some light brown stripes on the axe staff to better simulate a wood effect.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » May 12th, 2019, 7:20 am

lestodante wrote:I agree, the mummies need washes and hilights and the skin parts need to be painted in a fifferent color (green, blue, violet or grey will be fine).
Also the Fimirs look good but even better if you can paint an eye dot on the centre of the red bulb (it is big, I guess you can do it succesfully). And you could also try to paint some light brown stripes on the axe staff to better simulate a wood effect.

Cool! Thanks Lestodante, I gonna do that. Thanks for the tip!

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » May 12th, 2019, 5:01 pm

I added a highlight to the mummies and added another wash.....I gotta say I have some difficulties with exactly [url]where[/url] to put the highlights with these....and also if I should do the highlights maybe after the wash not before....they look better but still I feel I could get more out of it...not sure how though....these are more difficult than I thought!!

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 13th, 2019, 12:45 am

I put a lamp above mine to see where the highlights should be, and then I painted them on as seen. As my painting is mere medium good, it wasn't perfect, but sufficient.

Yours are good already.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics