Page 1 of 3

Some photos !

PostPosted: May 17th, 2010, 12:32 pm
by HeroQuestFrance
I've started to paint my figurines. It's a "grande première" to me since I never did it before.
Here are the result of this exciting week :

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

I've already bought another barbarian and a chaos sorceer since I've totally missed them. (my first tries !)

Re: Some photos !

PostPosted: May 17th, 2010, 1:28 pm
by drathe
Pretty good for your first tries. Especially the Advanced HeroQuest Heroes. Those are really well done. Some appear to have a bit too much gloss on them, but that could be from the camera flash.

Re: Some photos !

PostPosted: May 17th, 2010, 2:01 pm
by Ethica
Your wizard character looks really worried and looks like Jarvis Cocker.

I like your AHQ work and I like that you were brave enough to paint your Elf and Barbarian Quest Pack figures.

Re: Some photos !

PostPosted: May 17th, 2010, 7:09 pm
by el_flesh
You might also be able to dull them with some dullcoat lacquer. Many people use the 'dip' method instead of painting the lacquer on to avoid streak marks.

My painter used a spray can to finish the models, which you can find http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=325

They did a stellar job, but remember they are professional artists who get paid to do art well.
I think I might ask him to document his steps when he does my EXTRA witch king.
http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=317

Re: Some photos !

PostPosted: May 20th, 2010, 8:14 am
by HeroQuestFrance
I use bright dullcoat lacquer at the end when the paint is terminated.
Some people hate it but if you work correctly the shadow lines it's superbe.
Example :

Image

My Yetis are over ! I have almost finished the wolves and the mummies.
I will start again my chaos sorceer, barbarian, shaman orc & old mage.
Should be ok at the end of this week hehe ^^.
Finally painting is something I find out very amuzing and pleasant.

Re: Some photos !

PostPosted: May 20th, 2010, 9:37 am
by el_flesh
woooo Yetis and Wolves!

envy

Re: Some photos !

PostPosted: May 21st, 2010, 7:52 am
by HeroQuestFrance
Mummies return's !
Image

Polar Wolf :
Image

Re: Some photos !

PostPosted: May 21st, 2010, 1:03 pm
by HeroQuestFrance
Image

Re: Some photos !

PostPosted: May 21st, 2010, 2:17 pm
by el_flesh
Hope you be playin HQ this weekend with thos painted minis!
Get 4 friends and draft them!

As for me in Canada we have VICTORIA DAY long weekend! I plan to be HQ on at least TWO of those days!

Re: Some photos !

PostPosted: May 21st, 2010, 4:57 pm
by HeroQuestFrance
I will play DOOM instead since I haven't finished all minis yet.
It's a long and hard job to do !
But this week end is also my birthday and we also have a long week end with "pentecote's monday" a christian day off.
So long adventures.... and yes : I iwll have to paint all minis of doom one day (sight)