• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sparky's Stuff

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby Showdown35 » February 23rd, 2016, 2:57 pm

Sparkymark wrote:Showdown; i'm chuffed you like it. Be sure to post some pictures of your board on this forum.

Already did!

Here's my project site: http://www.scon.comze.com/heroquest/

My board doesn't hold a candle to yours, but I wanted to keep it kinda simple. The furniture is what I'm most proud of at this point... Although I did spend a ton of time on the cards, which I can't wait to print and actually hold in my hands!
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

My HeroQuest Homebrew project site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest
Showdown35

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sparkymark » February 23rd, 2016, 4:47 pm

Showdown35 wrote:
Sparkymark wrote:Showdown; i'm chuffed you like it. Be sure to post some pictures of your board on this forum.

Already did!

My board doesn't hold a candle to yours, but I wanted to keep it kinda simple. The furniture is what I'm most proud of at this point... Although I did spend a ton of time on the cards, which I can't wait to print and actually hold in my hands!

Wow, just wow Showdown. You really have a gift.
I like everything you have done there. Is it possible we can print those cards? They are so much better than the originals.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » February 23rd, 2016, 5:24 pm

Showdown35 wrote:

Already did!

Now, there's some understatement. Everything looks awesome. I'll have to read the houserules at some point too, lest I forget.
I love the furniture, dude.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » February 23rd, 2016, 5:42 pm

Agreed. Some great stuff there. Inspiring.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Showdown35 » February 24th, 2016, 2:28 pm

Thanks! I do have a few topics posted in the forums for my homebrew stuff. Don't want to hijack your thread, Sparky. I only posted that link because you mentioned I should post on the forums. All my official homebrew threads are titled "Showdown Homebrew".

I'm glad you like my work, but still, Sparky's board is just so badass, I'm totes jelly!

Oh ya, the printing. I have already looked into printing the cards, and have decided on printerstudio.ca. It'll cost me roughly $50 to print a set of over 200 cards. I'm waiting until I'm done everything else, so printing the cards will be the last thing I do, that way I can make changes up until the very last second.
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

My HeroQuest Homebrew project site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest
Showdown35

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby bordgames » March 3rd, 2016, 1:17 am

This thread was a very interesting read that obviously developed over a considerable time period...

I have a few questions :) The oldest posts talk about "Hirst Arts" molds and some of the newer posts reference "molds".

Are you casting your own molded parts? Are these parts purchased, assembled, and painted?

Everything looks really nice and i'm curious what it would take to get involved in something like this.
Signore Conan the Software Engineer
:dwarf:
bordgames

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby bordgames » March 3rd, 2016, 1:22 am

Showdown35 wrote:

Already did!

Some very nice painting here. This really inspires me to put more effort and detail into my own furniture pieces.
I really like the HeroQuest weapons rack and you really made it stand out... just when you think you've seen it all :)

The torture rack is also a really stand out paint job. On my old set (back in the day) i concentrated on the figures and didn't put much into painting the furniture. You have opened my eyes on this one :)

... I just looked closer and realized you made those pieces from scratch. At first i thought you were just adding details and a good paint job. Now i realize the effort went a bit deeper:)
bordgames

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » March 3rd, 2016, 10:41 am

bordgames wrote:This thread was a very interesting read that obviously developed over a considerable time period...

I have a few questions :) The oldest posts talk about "Hirst Arts" molds and some of the newer posts reference "molds".

Are you casting your own molded parts? Are these parts purchased, assembled, and painted?

Everything looks really nice and i'm curious what it would take to get involved in something like this.

Bordgames; yes i'm casting my own pieces from the Hirst Arts fantastic range of molds using Crystical R plaster. I highly reccomend you go to hirstarts.com to have a look yourself. The whole process of casting, glueing and painting, i find highly enjoyable.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby bordgames » March 4th, 2016, 10:48 pm

Sparkymark wrote:
Bordgames; yes i'm casting my own pieces from the Hirst Arts fantastic range of molds using Crystical R plaster. I highly reccomend you go to hirstarts.com to have a look yourself. The whole process of casting, glueing and painting, i find highly enjoyable.

Ahh, I see.. I was mixing up molding and casting.

I am actually researching molding and casting of miniatures so I can create subtle variations (heads, clothing, weapons, poses).
I am cosidering hybridizing ogre scults to get the exact miniatures i am looking for :)

I have been watching youtube videos of quick setting silicone molds and resin casts.

It didn't occur to me to do the same for the board, walls, furniture, etc.

It's really amazing what some people are doing on this site :)

(Showdown35's furniture is really quite inspiring as well)
bordgames

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » March 9th, 2016, 4:18 pm

I have never been a big fan of the Heroquest wizard miniature, prefering instead the Advanced Heroquest wizard. I'm not sure why, maybe he just looks more like the stereotype wizard you see in films as a kid. So for now, the advanced wizard mini will be the figure of choice.
I just got him painted up over the past week when i got time. Hope you like him. I'm trying something different with the bases, using a darker grey around the border and some mud brown over his textured base to get a better match with my board. I'm not sure i'm happy yet. Perhaps i should add the texture last in patches to pick out the mossy areas of the dungeon.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics