• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ideas for quest packs

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Ideas for quest packs

Postby HeroQuestFrance » July 5th, 2010, 5:26 am

heroscribe, --------, is the #1 rated mapping software for HeroQuest.


Not to me. I use the DF prog to do my own maps.... also stolen to Doom Descent users lol
As I use to print my work with laser colour; the final result is better than a black & white traditional prog.
Image
(80.6Mo including heroquest and all 6 expansions)


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 390
Joined: January 14th, 2009, 11:27 am
Location: FRANCE
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ideas for quest packs

Postby torilen » July 5th, 2010, 9:14 am

yeah - I figured out how to make layouts in powerpoint, and then add some spice to them through the windows paint program,
paste everything back into powerpoint, and then new version of powerpoint turn everything into a pdf file. I'm using home-brew
tiles sets more now, I think - or at least I will be.

So...drathe...phoenix...how do you guys feel about that?? What is your opinion on using non-heroquest-board tiles and layouts?
Just curious to see what you think, since you guys kind of call what is going to be "the unofficial-official" stuff.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Ideas for quest packs

Postby Phoenix » July 5th, 2010, 9:41 am

as long as there are no problems using the tiles (as in permission from artists who created them). We don't usually have a problem with them.
Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 469
Images: 0
Joined: August 18th, 2008, 7:54 am
Location: TC, Indiana
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ideas for quest packs

Postby el_flesh » July 5th, 2010, 1:44 pm

Accepted. Thanx so kindly for answering the question that had a statement attached to it.
Since I don't visit any other HQ site aside from Old Scratch, I didn't remember which site hosted in Italy was the bad one.
It is admirable to protect a friend, even if it was mistaken in this case.

I hope as new people join in this forum they take the time to send off an e-mail to "The_MasTer" explaining that drathe should be credited fully.
I have done so some time ago and was ignored, of course. But the more people who explain to him that he has done wrong, the more chance he will correct it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HQ France, I assume that the 'HEROQUEST' writing part of the game board is to the bottom of every map on the page?
Only because I haven't memorized the layout of the board rooms - it does look that to me from what I can remember. And I think this set of mapping would be much better for our DM to use.
He could even prop it up on his D&D metal book holder.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1315
Images: 4
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ideas for quest packs

Postby torilen » July 5th, 2010, 7:59 pm

pheonix - yes, the tiles and layouts I've started making are all my own creation.
And if I put them up on here, I'm basically making it free of any copyright. If you
see any from me, they're fine for anyone to use as they see fit.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Ideas for quest packs

Postby mo123813 » July 5th, 2010, 9:16 pm

HeroQuestFrance wrote:
heroscribe, --------, is the #1 rated mapping software for HeroQuest.


Not to me. I use the DF prog to do my own maps.... also stolen to Doom Descent users lol
As I use to print my work with laser colour; the final result is better than a black & white traditional prog.
Image
(80.6Mo including heroquest and all 6 expansions)


What is it that you use again?
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
User avatar
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 247
Joined: May 24th, 2010, 12:29 am
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ideas for quest packs

Postby HeroQuestFrance » July 7th, 2010, 4:30 am

I use a program done in 2002 by a DWARVEN FORGE fan. (http://www.dwarvenforge.com)
He was dealing with the company and I don't know what happened the program didn't become official.
I couldn't find the topic talking about that last evening...
Strangely this program was taken for DOOM then DESCENT boardgames. (FFG)
May be he succeed his deal with them ? But I've noticed FFG provided 2 programs and his own is no more available to download, broken link.
I modified it to use it only with HeroQuest including all icons and board all in colours. (result above)

[Ok, I admit I use it too for space crusade, doom, space hulk, descent, warhammer quest, D&D (hasbro) etc.]


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 390
Joined: January 14th, 2009, 11:27 am
Location: FRANCE
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ideas for quest packs

Postby DragonHead » July 22nd, 2010, 7:14 pm

Sorry, I haven't bee nable to get on in a while and Pheonix that is not what I meant, I already have heroscribe I meant the dwarf and elf nations, the landmarks and the empire. I heard Pheonix had an official map for that.

By the way I was working on it and rolled out foru new charecters such as: The witch son, his general commander, a spirit knight and thge magician that helped him summon all the spirits. The witch son is extremely strong and attacks with one more dice along with three specific spells, The commander can use a move called intimidate which has a 50% chance of making enemies flee and lowers their defense, the ghost knight can use a ghostly move which gives hinm a 50% chance of not being hurt (used as an action) and the wizard has new, powerful nine chaos spells.

By the way, MO123813 those are good tiles and stuff! 8-)
Clairclaw, The witch lord even The Terror King and Zargon bow before me, part before my will, my power.I am all mighty, I control the universe,the mage of all, the destroyer of nations,I am the creator, I am Dragonhead!!!!!
User avatar
DragonHead

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 94
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 8:15 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Other Expansion Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest