Page 1 of 1

Way of Sand board

PostPosted: July 16th, 2018, 7:44 am
by mondor
Hello everyone!! After a long time I bring you other beautiful things from the world of Heroquest done by me!
Today I leave you this board, made on the basis of the original, but with some changes and rooms taken from other games or made by me. Hope you like it!
waisand.png


You can download here and print A1 format (resolution 300dpi, file size 52mb)

Thanks!

Regards and good play! |_P

Re: Way of Sand board

PostPosted: July 17th, 2018, 3:27 am
by Pancho
This is really fantastic Mondor.

My first thought on seeing this is to adapt ROTWL to be played on this board. Sometimes we forget, but according to the intro, the heroes travel for some time through the desert to get to the Witch Lords residence. The pack could do with more of a desert theme.

Will printing this at A1 give us the correct size squares?

Re: Way of Sand board

PostPosted: July 17th, 2018, 4:43 am
by DC1346
mondor wrote:Today I leave you this board, made on the basis of the original, but with some changes and rooms taken from other games or made by me. t]



It's a beautiful board. Thank you for sharing it.

David

Re: Way of Sand board

PostPosted: July 17th, 2018, 9:06 am
by torilen
I like it. |_P |_P

Re: Way of Sand board

PostPosted: July 18th, 2018, 11:48 am
by Daedalus
Pancho wrote:. . . My first thought on seeing this is to adapt ROTWL to be played on this board. Sometimes we forget, but according to the intro, the heroes travel for some time through the desert to get to the Witch Lords residence. The pack could do with more of a desert theme. . . .

The dry Plains of Death is the main setting description of RotWL, but another is recorded at the end of the Quest Book of the Game System. There, the Witch Lord is said to have escaped to his ancient retreat in the Black Mountains.

Perhaps the ancient mountain retreat was the Witch Lord's first stronghold before he was gifted Kalos by Morcar/Mentor. That would make the Quest Book reference only a stopover. Otherwise, editing got sloppy, in my opinion. It's difficult, but not impossible for me to envision a third option where the Plains of Death meet the Black Mountains and Kalos is somehow within both.

Re: Way of Sand board

PostPosted: July 30th, 2018, 3:05 am
by StratosVX
I have created the files to import this map into HeroScribe. They are in my shared files, here.

Re: Way of Sand board

PostPosted: July 30th, 2018, 7:53 am
by Stoner81
StratosVX wrote:I have created the files to import this map into HeroScribe. They are in my shared files, here.


Thanks for doing that!

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.

Re: Way of Sand board

PostPosted: July 30th, 2018, 12:32 pm
by StratosVX
No problem. Hopefully I'll get the others done soon. It's been a few years since I've done these, so I've had to relearn the process.

Re: Way of Sand board

PostPosted: July 30th, 2018, 3:05 pm
by Spookyhappyfun
StratosVX wrote:I have created the files to import this map into HeroScribe. They are in my shared files, here.


I'll have to grab these when I get home! Thank you!