• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sjeng's miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Sjeng's miniatures

Postby Sjeng » June 21st, 2012, 3:47 am

Thanks again! :D

I do wash them, but mildly. I use thraka green on greenskins, and only wash the green parts. I used devlan mud wash on the armor parts, etc. I did use a bit of badab black on the teeth, to get darker lines around the teeth.

Next up are my mummies (1 is done, 2 left), my zombies (1 done, 3 left), and my skeletons (2 done, 5 left).
After those, I'll start on the chaos warriors (4) and chaos sorcerers (2), then the heroes (I have an extra barbarian who will have dark skin, and an extra elf who'll become Drizzt), and lastly my gargoyle. I hope I can copy the head, so I can make 1 live gargoyle and 1 statue.

After those I think I'll try my hand on my warhammer Ogres.

I also have many many dwarves from Mantic, 2 of which I converted into orcish crossbow archers, and many many undead from Mantic (skeletons, ghouls, zombies and revenants). I will be speedpainting those, that is: add primer, colour main parts in base colours, assemble them (yes in that order!), and quickshade them by dipping. I hope that'll turn out well.

Then I also have my D&D mini's left to do... All but the ogres.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Goblin-King » June 21st, 2012, 5:47 am

Am I the only one who miss the "old" washes?

Especially Brown Wash :cry: It was great for SO many things...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 22nd, 2012, 10:41 am

Never had the pleasure of using them.

Well, here's a sneak peek at my next models, plus a little sneak peek of my new gameboards (from my "Into the Sewers" Questbook) :barbarian:

juni_0013.jpg
juni_0014.jpg
juni_0012.jpg
juni_0015.jpg
juni_0016.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sjeng on June 22nd, 2012, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 22nd, 2012, 10:42 am

juni_0020.jpg
juni_0021.jpg
juni_0019.jpg
juni_0018.jpg
juni_0017.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » July 6th, 2012, 4:21 pm

Well, I've painted my skeletons, they're almost done. Some need a little extra highlighting, and the scythes need to be painted. Bases are almost done. I might add a little moss on them but I want to test that first.

IMG_0023.jpg

So I've made 2 empty bases with a tile from milliput. I'll make cave-ins of these with some pebbles on them and moss, to see how that looks.
I've also tried my hand at making a mold of the gargoyle's head. The mold itself went pretty well I think, but the milliput was hard to fully push in there. Result: he has a flat snout. :P
I'm gonna try to scult one on by hand. This one will be the statue gargoyle. The complete plastic one will be painted as a live bloodthirster.

IMG_0025.jpg

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » July 6th, 2012, 4:25 pm

If it's the statue the lack of snout isn't that big a deal.
You could always damage another area of the body for the statue to look realistically wasted...

Looking forward to seeing you progress.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » July 9th, 2012, 4:20 am

Allrighty, my skeletons and mummies are finished. Here's some pictures. I've also painted the hearth bases, as those were real easy ;)

On to the zombies, and then perhaps my 6 heroes :D

ps: we'll be playing another game today, so keep an eye out at the blog for another new battle report!

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby tasoe » July 9th, 2012, 5:25 am

I really like your skeletons. I prefer this white look instead of the ivory one I've been going for. Some might say that they look a little bleached but that is how I always pictured skeletons to be, as shown in the best movie of all time, Jason and the Argonauts (1963)
http://cavebabble.pnrnetworks.popcornnr ... nauts1.jpg

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » July 9th, 2012, 6:50 am

Thanks! They're actually a bit brighter than they really are because of the flash on my camera, but I used graveyard earth as base colour, then drubrushed with bleached bone, washed with badab black, then highlighted with a light skull white drybrush.

The mummies are basically done the same way, only without the skull white highlights. I started with bestial brown, then drybrushed graveyard earth and bleached bone. I realised too late that I washed the first mummie (which I painted a lot earlier) with ogryn flesh, a lighter wash, and the 2 new ones with devlan mud, which is significantly darker. So the new ones are a bit too dark, but they still look okay, and I can't do anything about it anymore anyway, so I'll live with it.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby shy-design » July 9th, 2012, 11:37 am

lookin good sjeng.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures