• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sjeng's miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Sjeng's miniatures

Postby Sjeng » April 8th, 2012, 6:35 am

Tonight I'm starting on Kellar's Keep with my wife as DM and my parents in-law as companions, so I've spent the last 2 weekends painting my goblins:
sjeng-goblins.jpg

What do you think? (and don't forget to check my other mini's on page 1)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » April 10th, 2012, 6:33 pm

I love the way you paint your bases! I wanna do the same, now. No loss of definition of the feet, and they match in with the board in a simple manner that agrees with the simple sculpts. Well done!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » April 12th, 2012, 7:05 am

Thanks!!! :D
I've taken a liking to the bases too. I'm gonna do them all like this. I'll do different choices of tiles from the game board for groups of monsters.
Like the goblins above: all have beige/dirt coloured bases, but three have bricks, 3 have the cross and 3 have the dented tile, and each group of 3 has different weapons and jacket colours :D

I'm gonna paint my D&D skeleton bases in one colour with different structures as well. I painted 3 skellies with a red trim and 3 with a blue trim on their armor, so I'll have 2 different bases as well. I'll post pics as soon as they're done!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby tasoe » April 12th, 2012, 7:49 am

I really like the skeletons and the elf girl's ass in the previous page.
I don't want to be the bad guy here, but I'm not so fond of this painted bases.
I've always painted them a single colour and if I ever want to match the board or become more realistic I think I'll go to Maike05 's technique of the bases with milliput.
I actually started working on a couple of those if when I find a way to avoid the sunken feet effect I'll post some pictures.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » April 12th, 2012, 3:00 pm

haha, well, yes those milliput bases look amazing, I agree, but I don't want the feet to sink away, especially the goblins. And simply painting them is just easier and effective enough for me :)

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby tasoe » April 12th, 2012, 6:16 pm

don't get me wrong, your bases look very nice.
it's just that i've tried them a while ago and didn't seem right up close. perhaps I didn't paint them as good as yours but they were not adding depth as much as I wanted to.

this is my first try on Maike05's bases, I shouldn't do it on a barbarian first, but even with the sunken feet I find them acceptable and fitting for HeroQuest.

i would never put something like that in my game:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/86806?browseid=1232493

don't care how awesome the paintjob is, heroquest does not have grass and other growing things. it's just stones.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » April 13th, 2012, 6:35 am

that does look very nice... *sigh* now I might still be tempted to find some milliput. I have no idea what that is in Dutch, or where I can get it, but it looks superb.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby tasoe » April 13th, 2012, 7:07 am

I bought it from this site: http://www.snmstuff.co.uk/

Just go on products -> modelling materials and you'll find it there.
There are many different types, the one I use is the standard one, it's very cheap and very much material.
It's gonna make the 35 bases of the base set easily.

It's a nice site, with very low shipping costs, I could buy my paints from them but I find them cheaper elsewhere.
But I've bought sculpting tools, files, brushes and other stuff.

Rewards:
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » April 13th, 2012, 1:42 pm

Thanks! I fortunately found a milliput retailer very close to where I live, it's a modelling shop that sells rc-cars and helicopters and boats mostly, and they have milliput on their site :D
Well, I guess I'm gonna do my 3D tiles after all xD

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » May 27th, 2012, 4:25 pm

Tadaaaa!!! The final results of my Orc army:

I've made 9 normal orcs, with 3 different weapons, and painted them in 3 colours (3 weapons for each colour). The orc with the big notched scimitar is supposedly their leader, so I gave him an extra shield and fur cape. Hi Ulag!
The three remaining orcs I had got a tan: darker green skins. They're my Black Orcs. As they're meaner and tougher than my regular orcs, they get shields. Hope you like 'em! Thanks to Maike05 for the Milliput tutorial. |_P

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures