Page 1 of 2

Substitute figures for War bear and the Yeti.

PostPosted: March 9th, 2011, 7:53 pm
by tallyho
Here's my substitute figures for War bear and the Yeti. I had to do some work on the War bear.
.
http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h33 ... 20Warbear/

The Yeti is 4 cm tall and the War bear is 4.5 cm tall. Not a bad size for HQ gaming. Figures comes from Black Tree Design.

Re: Substitute figures for War bear and the Yeti.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2011, 2:19 am
by gravaillon
Honestly, I don't like them, sorry.
It's hard to find good figures for the frozen horror pak...

For the Yeti, I have thinking about those from Games Workshop :
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... rod1040006

Re: Substitute figures for War bear and the Yeti.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2011, 3:41 am
by tallyho
I agree, good looking figures are hard to find. But i think that figures today are to much detailed, they dont fit into HQ world.
HQ came out in 1989, and that makes it more difficult to find suitable figures.
But if anybody have other suggestions, im interrested.

Re: Substitute figures for War bear and the Yeti.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2011, 9:07 am
by el_flesh
Maybe you could post a yeti pic - cause I didn't find anything on the website.

Thanx

Re: Substitute figures for War bear and the Yeti.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2011, 10:52 am
by joec
This is a Taer from the D&D minis. Yo ucan find them on ebay for $1-2 a piece.
Image

Re: Substitute figures for War bear and the Yeti.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2011, 11:36 am
by tallyho
That Taer looks great, will take a look at that.
Here"s a direct link to the Yeti figure
http://www.blacktreedesign.com/europe/s ... rch&page=1
and the Warbear ( Werebear)
http://www.blacktreedesign.com/europe/s ... rch&page=1

Re: Substitute figures for War bear and the Yeti.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2011, 1:20 pm
by gravaillon
The taer is awesome !!!!!
The Warhammer figures are much detailed than HEROQUEST's figures... I'm agree with you.. But I have bought a lot of them and I find that they give more variety to the game. And also, they fit perfectly... Just the base that aren't good, so I have remake them in fimo pasta.

Re: Substitute figures for War bear and the Yeti.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2011, 6:41 pm
by joec
tallyho wrote:That Taer looks great, will take a look at that.
Here"s a direct link to the Yeti figure
http://www.blacktreedesign.com/europe/s ... rch&page=1
and the Warbear ( Werebear)
http://www.blacktreedesign.com/europe/s ... rch&page=1


Both of those links go to the same unrelated page.

Re: Substitute figures for War bear and the Yeti.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2011, 7:14 pm
by drathe
When you go to one of those pages, type Yeti or werebear in the search field located on the upper left side. The urls are all the same. Everything on the website is probably hidden inside frames.

Re: Substitute figures for War bear and the Yeti.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2011, 7:46 am
by tallyho
Thats correct, drathe.
Sorry about that. Should explained better.