• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Warmonger Miniatures -- classic Citadel sculpts

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Warmonger Miniatures -- classic Citadel sculpts

Postby arch8ngel » Tuesday March 19th, 2019 10:46am

I haven't seen this posted around here, but stumbled upon their site yesterday.

I will post more about my quest later, but I am in the process of going full-metal with Heroquest.

Needless to say, I was stoked when I came upon Warmonger Miniatures.
They appear to have licenses for a lot of classic Citadel sculpts (i.e. back when Orcs were all individualized personalities, cast in metal).

https://warmongerminiatures.myshopify.c ... ex-citadel

But the BIG find was their Elf. (listed as TWW - 10)

Their stuff isn't cheap, but for those wondering, shipping to the USA was a flat 6 GBP on my order (I picked up a pack of barbarians, one of their dwarves, a wizard, the elf, and some skeletons).

I will update this thread when the items arrive and provide some comparison shots for scaling against Heroquest plastics.

(another GREAT LOOKING site is Black Tree Designs, though they have been incredibly unresponsive to my emails after having placed an order a few weeks ago -- might have to cancel the charge on that one entirely -- but their orcs and goblins are PERFECT)
Last edited by Daedalus on Sunday May 9th, 2021 3:23pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: moved topic from General HeroQuest Discussion room
arch8ngel

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Warmonger Miniatures -- classic Citadel sculpts

Postby lestodante » Tuesday March 19th, 2019 4:26pm

Well.. basically Warmonger Miniatures is run by ex citadel people (aka Wargames Foundry).
I have that Elf and a couple of their Wizards too. They are unreleased Marauder wizards (Marauder was another company founded by ex Citadel staff).
Curious to know wich Wizard you chosed to buy.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby arch8ngel » Tuesday March 19th, 2019 4:32pm

Yes, and their stuff is on listed directly on Wargames Foundry, as well.

Just thought this was a great resource of people looking for current-manufacture of classic-style Citadel sculpts, since almost nobody does greenskins in that style, and eBay prices have gotten crazy for classic metal minis.

Went with the wizard listed as TWW-8.

Maybe these guys aren't that interesting to everybody else, but I'm going down the road of a full-set plus expansions in metal, and trying to find stylistically similar sculpts is a real challenge. Loads more options out there if a person wants to do resin, though.
arch8ngel

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Thor-in » Wednesday March 20th, 2019 7:29am

lestodante, actually posted something about these minis in the tread HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures. Only it was posted as Wargames Foundry.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby arch8ngel » Wednesday March 20th, 2019 9:37am

Thor-in wrote:lestodante, actually posted something about these minis in the tread HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures. Only it was posted as Wargames Foundry.

Makes sense why Warmonger didn't show up when using the search feature on the forums to see if this had been previously posted.
arch8ngel

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Return to Miniatures