Page 1 of 2

Weltenlaeufers HQ mini Add Ons (Boris Woloszyn)

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2019, 9:00 am
by Weltenlaeufer
Who is desperately waiting for the Litchmyre kickstarter like me, here are some really cool minis Boris made for this other kickstarter called Devils Dungeon. I love his style. I ordered a few of the smaller models and they are a tiny bit fragile but look amazing! The kickstarter is over but I contacted Byron at DarkArt studios via facebook and he kindly send me a few.

Worth checking out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darkart/devils-dungeon-ii-the-resin-casts?lang=de

Cheers
:mrgreen:

Re: More miniatures sculpted by Boris

PostPosted: March 13th, 2019, 7:24 am
by Weltenlaeufer
I got some more minis from Boris kickstarter today. Damn they look great....I gonna post some pics later today.

Re: More miniatures sculpted by Boris

PostPosted: March 13th, 2019, 11:30 am
by Weltenlaeufer
Here we go the first 4. I am superscared to start painting them but they scream for it. I dont wanna fraggle em up I only painted furniture pieces so far :lol:

Image

Image

Image

Image

With these I had troubles with the focus...

Image

Image

Re: Weltenlaeufers HQ mini Add Ons (Boris Woloszyn)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2019, 3:37 pm
by Weltenlaeufer
Here is the rest of them. No idea why they look so foggy I must have hit something on my phone....

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Weltenlaeufers HQ mini Add Ons (Boris Woloszyn)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2019, 3:50 pm
by Pancho
There are some great models there. I really like that abomination holding the staff, whatever the hell it is.

I think your new collection seems to cry out for a "daemon quest pack".

Re: Weltenlaeufers HQ mini Add Ons (Boris Woloszyn)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2019, 6:08 pm
by Weltenlaeufer
Pancho wrote:There are some great models there. I really like that abomination holding the staff, whatever the hell it is.

I think your new collection seems to cry out for a "daemon quest pack".


This one is "The Lyche". Its my favorite too. I like how it points. :) Yesss, I am thinking about some quests about a witchlord doing experiments, conjuring the spirits, that got out of hand or something.

Re: Weltenlaeufers HQ mini Add Ons (Boris Woloszyn)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2019, 6:19 pm
by Weltenlaeufer
Now you got me thinking....you seen this black portal and the conjuring plate on the ground already in one of the pics....I just got this idea of having the heroes go through the portal from the regular board and have them slip into a parallel dimension where they have to find a key item for the quest (gotta think about what) and have to find a way to return to normal 3d reality. I was just thinking how cool it would be if we would have an additional board to go with that, like a bit psychedelic "HQ parallel dimension board". Same layout and everything like the original board but in a purple color, misty with some trippy effects here and there. Man, I wish I would know how to use photoshop cause I can see it my minds eye....maybe its just as easy as taking the regular board and throwing it into a color filter....mmmm.....need...to learn....photoshop :mrgreen:

Re: Weltenlaeufers HQ mini Add Ons (Boris Woloszyn)

PostPosted: March 15th, 2019, 8:10 am
by Pancho
That would make for some very cool quests. I saw your portal in the background and was thinking on similar lines.

Take a look at this quest pack by Road Warrior;
viewtopic.php?f=158&t=1530

There's a lot of very good ideas in there. It deals with a descent into the underworld with lots of portals and has a number of undead/daemonic adversaries in it. It wouldn't quite fit your plan above, but with some tweaking and possibly swopping out some of the named monsters for creatures that would better suit your collection, I think you could have a lot of fun with it.

Of course, if you decide to go your own route and write your own stuff we would love to hear about that too. I'm a bit lazy and try to loot other peoples stuff before writing my own quests from scratch!

Re: Weltenlaeufers HQ mini Add Ons (Boris Woloszyn)

PostPosted: March 15th, 2019, 9:34 am
by Weltenlaeufer
Wow....thanks Pancho! That looks like some serious next level stuff in there. I only skipped through it so far but what an amount of work to create all these different alternatives. I love how it has this huge storyline! Have you or others have playtested this? It looks like it has soooo many monsters in there, looks quite hard for the heroes. Just wondering on how this plays out.

Yeah I gonna definitely share if I come up with some quests!

Re: Weltenlaeufers HQ mini Add Ons (Boris Woloszyn)

PostPosted: March 15th, 2019, 4:13 pm
by Weltenlaeufer
Damn....I am scared to start painting these....I am babystepping it....so I got the primer so far :lol: :lol:

Does anyone have any essential mini painting tutorial links or any advice on how they would paint these??? Would be awesome! I ve been watching videos, and I got the colors, some washes everything but still....dont really know how to start...because they are so detailed and small.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image