Page 1 of 2

Chaostle

PostPosted: April 16th, 2018, 4:48 pm
by aaronAGN
Any One here familiar with Chaostle?
How good are the 3D castle pieces?
What's the quality of the minis?
Are they plastic or pewter or something? I hope they're plaatic. But they look metallic.
They look like they're in scale with HeroQuest, even down to the bulkier "heroic scale" aesthetic.

Re: Chaostle

PostPosted: May 9th, 2018, 6:51 pm
by Daedalus
I can't tell, but I like that giant-spider pit trap. It belongs in a Quest.

Re: Chaostle

PostPosted: May 10th, 2018, 12:07 pm
by Anderas
I was just posting this question to find out.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/29044741#29044741

I also still search for giant spiders fitting into a heroquest square.

Re: Chaostle

PostPosted: May 10th, 2018, 12:30 pm
by knightkrawler
Anderas wrote: giant spiders fitting into a heroquest square.


Well, that's virtually an oxymoron because of leg length.

Re: Chaostle

PostPosted: May 10th, 2018, 2:37 pm
by Anderas
Conan did a decent job, however there are just 4 or 5 of them.

Conan spider


A bit better back side and i would buy...

Re: Chaostle

PostPosted: May 10th, 2018, 5:48 pm
by Spookyhappyfun
Those Chaostle minis look really cool. I'd be niterested in hearing more about them: scale and material.

Re: Chaostle

PostPosted: May 10th, 2018, 5:52 pm
by whitebeard
Anderas wrote:I also still search for giant spiders fitting into a heroquest square.


Spiders that fit in one square... I would use the Warhammer Quest spiders.

I also have the reaper giant spiders and while they do not fit in a square, I plan to use them baseless and on my 30mm squares, they are well over, but everything fits okay.

Re: Chaostle

PostPosted: May 11th, 2018, 9:31 am
by Anderas
Thanks! Warhammer quest is currently sold only in bits and pieces for horrible prices. Nevertheless i could revert to that, yes. There was this sprue with a rat, a snotling, a bat and a spider back in the time. Amazing sprue! They are now sold for 4-5 gold crowns per sprue in ebay.

Giant Spider doesn't mean bigger than the heroes for me. I have one of those. It can be the mama of the others. For me, a cat sized spider is already quite giant.

I would freak out in horror if i find one of those in my home. :D

Re: Chaostle

PostPosted: May 11th, 2018, 11:12 am
by knightkrawler
You can braid my hair and call me Sally every time I see any spider of any size...
But I look at minis from an aesthetic angle which means a giant spider that fits into an HQ square cannot look good in a way that I'd like.
Look into Nolzur's painted miniatures. I found quite small giant spiders there that look really good.

Re: Chaostle

PostPosted: May 11th, 2018, 2:58 pm
by Anderas
Just searched them. Yes they are quite spidery!
I think it is just the elbow which is higher than the body that makes the effect.
In "the Exorcist" i have seen the girl with that configuration. Another time I was bouldering with a work colleage. She also looked like that. Goosebump-inspiring. Awesome. She was climbing walls that just have been impossible for me. I am admiring her for that. :lol: