• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chaostle

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Chaostle

Postby aaronAGN » April 16th, 2018, 4:48 pm

Any One here familiar with Chaostle?
How good are the 3D castle pieces?
What's the quality of the minis?
Are they plastic or pewter or something? I hope they're plaatic. But they look metallic.
They look like they're in scale with HeroQuest, even down to the bulkier "heroic scale" aesthetic.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Chaostle

Postby Daedalus » May 9th, 2018, 6:51 pm

I can't tell, but I like that giant-spider pit trap. It belongs in a Quest.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 10th, 2018, 12:07 pm

I was just posting this question to find out.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/29044741#29044741

I also still search for giant spiders fitting into a heroquest square.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 10th, 2018, 12:30 pm

Anderas wrote: giant spiders fitting into a heroquest square.

Well, that's virtually an oxymoron because of leg length.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 10th, 2018, 2:37 pm

Conan did a decent job, however there are just 4 or 5 of them.

Conan spider

A bit better back side and i would buy...

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » May 10th, 2018, 5:48 pm

Those Chaostle minis look really cool. I'd be niterested in hearing more about them: scale and material.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » May 10th, 2018, 5:52 pm

Anderas wrote:I also still search for giant spiders fitting into a heroquest square.

Spiders that fit in one square... I would use the Warhammer Quest spiders.

I also have the reaper giant spiders and while they do not fit in a square, I plan to use them baseless and on my 30mm squares, they are well over, but everything fits okay.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 11th, 2018, 9:31 am

Thanks! Warhammer quest is currently sold only in bits and pieces for horrible prices. Nevertheless i could revert to that, yes. There was this sprue with a rat, a snotling, a bat and a spider back in the time. Amazing sprue! They are now sold for 4-5 gold crowns per sprue in ebay.

Giant Spider doesn't mean bigger than the heroes for me. I have one of those. It can be the mama of the others. For me, a cat sized spider is already quite giant.

I would freak out in horror if i find one of those in my home. :D

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 11th, 2018, 11:12 am

You can braid my hair and call me Sally every time I see any spider of any size...
But I look at minis from an aesthetic angle which means a giant spider that fits into an HQ square cannot look good in a way that I'd like.
Look into Nolzur's painted miniatures. I found quite small giant spiders there that look really good.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 11th, 2018, 2:58 pm

Just searched them. Yes they are quite spidery!
I think it is just the elbow which is higher than the body that makes the effect.
In "the Exorcist" i have seen the girl with that configuration. Another time I was bouldering with a work colleage. She also looked like that. Goosebump-inspiring. Awesome. She was climbing walls that just have been impossible for me. I am admiring her for that. :lol:

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Miniatures