• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Alternative figures?

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Alternative figures?

Postby phoenixcinder » Friday March 16th, 2018 9:09pm

Cool seems the majority of the other non HQ miniatures are on a circular base that doesn't match the square base with rounded corners that HQ miniatures have
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby aaronAGN » Friday March 16th, 2018 9:11pm

phoenixcinder wrote:Cool seems the majority of the other non HQ miniatures are on a circular base that doesn't match the square base with rounded corners that HQ miniatures have

You can always cut the mini off the stand. And buy cheap bulk sets of HQ bases. I bought 60 for 8.00
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby phoenixcinder » Friday March 16th, 2018 9:16pm

aaronAGN wrote: You can always cut the mini off the stand. And buy cheap bulk sets of HQ bases. I bought 60 for 8.00

ooo where can I find that? those that would be super helpful.

Attempted to message you. nothing is going through, unsure if it is because I haven't posted x amount of times yet or not
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » Friday March 16th, 2018 9:27pm

phoenixcinder wrote:ooo where can I find that? those that would be super helpful.

EBay or Amazon BOTH have em for cheap.
The ones i bought have the slit in the middle. Which typically helps with Games Workshop Battle Masters and Warhammer minis.
Or you can cut the plastic plank off of the feet.
Muchlike you'd be cutting the entire base off of the modern pieces.
HQ style rounded square bases with no slit are even cheaper than the slotted ones.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » Friday March 16th, 2018 10:06pm

phoenixcinder wrote:1) seems I cannot open the PDF's in photoshop as it asks for a password. The cards need to be specked and separated for my printers settings.

What operating system do you use?

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Wizard
Wizard

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby phoenixcinder » Saturday March 17th, 2018 2:29am

StratosVX wrote:What operating system do you use?

Win 10 64bit
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » Saturday March 17th, 2018 3:34pm

Sorry, I can't help there. I only know how to get around the issue in Mac OS X using automator.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Wizard
Wizard

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Wednesday May 9th, 2018 5:40pm

phoenixcinder wrote:Planning on replicating all the expansion sets. Being a graphic designer all the books, cards and cardboard pieces are no prob to remake. Having 2 nearly complete base sets coming in the mail so I should have all the miniatures for the RETURN OF THE WITCHLORD/KELLAR'S KEEP expansion sets. . . .

That will cover as long as you already have a Game System (base set) in your possession. On p.2, the expansions state you need the Main System, and RotWL sometimes calls for those additional undead from the set.

With just two Game Systems, you will fall short 2 Zombies in Quest 5, 4 Skeletons in Quest 6,.and again 4 Skeletons in Quest 7. Substituting white monsters can help in Quests 5 and 6, but won't work in Quest 7. Every undead monster from both the Game System and the RotWL expansion is used in the central room of that Quest.

phoenixcinder wrote:. . . Hell yeah that would be sweet. I am planning on recreating a whole slew of that stuff already. I have downloaded all the high res scans of the expansion sets. But there seems to be a couple of hiccups I need to get past before I can progress.

1) seems I cannot open the PDF's in photoshop as it asks for a password. The cards need to be specked and separated for my printers settings.

2) A few of the high res image links tell me "Only Champions may download attachments from this room. " when I try to download them. So I am unsure if I will ever be able to get them.

Any thoughts on ways around either of these?

1) You can use an unlock program to crack the password, but be sure to credit the Inn somewhere with your work if you do.

2) Accrue 14 meaningful posts. You have since well surpassed the requirement, so I've added you to the Champions usergroup.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby benvoliothefirst » Thursday May 10th, 2018 10:39am

Welcome phoenixcinder! You've taken your first step into an amazing world! We're excited to see what you come up with.
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Miniatures