• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Other Monster minifiguares

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Other Monster minifiguares

Postby DragonHead » June 4th, 2010, 2:31 pm

Sorry for the misspelling bbut I need help with some minatures for the quest books I downloaded from this site, like I can't find very affordable minifigures and ebay has quest expansions going for 100's of dollars. Please help. Does anyone have a good, affordable way instead of regular miniatures? :ugeek:
Clairclaw, The witch lord even The Terror King and Zargon bow before me, part before my will, my power.I am all mighty, I control the universe,the mage of all, the destroyer of nations,I am the creator, I am Dragonhead!!!!!
DragonHead

Mummy
Mummy

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Other Monster minifiguares

Postby el_flesh » June 4th, 2010, 6:56 pm

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Legendary%20Encounters

Skeletons and Orcs. Also other stuff. I use the vamp female for Witch Queen.
You can get some cheap ass D&D minis too for specials like the warlock.

Other possibility is to hit each and every frikkin garage sale you can all summer long, and try to snatch up a HQ set going for cheap.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby link_triforce21 » June 7th, 2010, 3:46 am

This may be a little pricey but i use Warhammer minis you get very customizable minis and you get alot if you think about it and a wide verity of monsters to pick from. (use 40K minis if you play Space Crusade or Space Hulk board games)

here is the web site: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/home.jsp
"Is the moose wielding a projectile weapon?"
-Zim

I'm handin out Treasure cards and Chaos Spells, and I'm all out of Treasure cards!
link_triforce21

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 7th, 2010, 1:47 pm

I get extra Warhammer Fantasy minis from http://www.miniwargaming.com / http://www.miniwargaming.co.uk (friends of mine) usually in the sets with multiples of certain types, like Skinks, Skaven, etc. Adds a nice variety of new monsters. I want to pick up a couple unique single miniatures to post as recurring villains like the Witch Lord. They're highly detailed, but expensive. Unless you can find plastics, the metal ones look terrible on the board unpainted. I don't do the paint. But that's why I get someone else to do it for me as El Flesh does.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » June 7th, 2010, 5:38 pm

drathe, hope you don't mind me pointing to another site - rpgnow.com has a lot of really really cheap and/or free
paper minature things you can download.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby el_flesh » June 7th, 2010, 8:13 pm

Go to your mini shop first and take a look at what they got! Alot of D&D minis are like $4 CAD (!!) each!
That's great for the few specials you will want!

Personally, I would only turn to paper if I had no $$$ left.

And that would happen only from buying a super expen$ive expansion set on eBay!
So I would HAVE the figures to get painted anyway!
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 7th, 2010, 11:02 pm

torilen wrote:drathe, hope you don't mind me pointing to another site - rpgnow.com has a lot of really really cheap and/or free
paper minature things you can download.

Don't mind at all.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby link_triforce21 » June 7th, 2010, 11:17 pm

I also use Decent minis but the board games are pricey. i am waiting for WotC board games that are coming in the fall. EX: Castle Ravenloft. they too will be a bit pricey but they play along the lines of Heroquest/Advanced Heroquest. so that will be nice. MONSTER SPOILER: Dracolich. Totally EPIC. if you want to get it pre-order it off of trollandtoad.com you will get it like half off. Money saved.
"Is the moose wielding a projectile weapon?"
-Zim

I'm handin out Treasure cards and Chaos Spells, and I'm all out of Treasure cards!
link_triforce21

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daniel Anteron » June 10th, 2010, 1:53 pm

link_triforce21 wrote:I also use Decent minis but the board games are pricey. i am waiting for WotC board games that are coming in the fall. EX: Castle Ravenloft. they too will be a bit pricey but they play along the lines of Heroquest/Advanced Heroquest. so that will be nice. MONSTER SPOILER: Dracolich. Totally EPIC. if you want to get it pre-order it off of trollandtoad.com you will get it like half off. Money saved.

I totally agree with using Descent mini's the detail on them is really nice. Here's just a few pics I found of some Descent mini's a guy painted. I'm gonna have to get the game at some point. It's not cheap, but I actually heard that the game it self is supposed to be a sort of modern version of HeroQuest.

Daniel Anteron

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » June 10th, 2010, 2:56 pm

Is it like D&D seems to be where you buy only the figs you want? Or is it like HQ, and there are several figs in a few game sets?

One other thing I really like about HQ is the furniture! It just adds that..what the french call.......I don't know what, to the game!

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Miniatures