• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Examples of some minis

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Examples of some minis

Postby scoundrel » September 22nd, 2015, 2:16 pm

Hey all -

Recent lurker reaching the surface here. I've been playing HQ since I was a kid - My friends and I get together every 2 years or so to have some drinks and plow through another quest or two.

These last few months I've been prepping my own campaign - made up of 4 quests. I've used some of the tips and resources from this site, some I've made myself, it's coming together really nicely. Here's some examples of my work as of late:

Here's an Orc Shaman character that will serve as one of the quests' bosses

Custom "Dark Wizard" character raising several skeletons

Skeletons - the one on the left is a more recent version after I switched to Acrylics - the on the right is an older one I did with Enamels.

Custom Cleric hero with two Orcs

A quick overview of some of the other painted figures I'll be using for the campaign, as well as some custom furniture (like the well and the stalactites)

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
scoundrel

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Examples of some minis

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » September 22nd, 2015, 4:11 pm

I Like the orc shaman, which model set is he from?
They are all great paint jobs |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby scoundrel » September 23rd, 2015, 8:52 am

Baylor_OgreBane wrote:I Like the orc shaman, which model set is he from?

Got him off Amazon, I want to say he's from Reaper - He's metal, although I have definitely done some of their Bones line too.

Rewards:
scoundrel

Hero:

Postby knightkrawler » September 23rd, 2015, 10:09 am

HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby scoundrel » September 23rd, 2015, 11:37 am

Does anyone have any tips for eyes? I feel like they're always my weakest point.

What I do today is typically (on a human) start with white, usually goes a little big, but that's okay. Do my best to dot a pupil, and then take my face mid-range color and go around the eye until it's a good shape, and follow up with a highlight above the eye.

My problem is that I feel I have so little control over the pupils that everyone looks a bit... lazy-eyed. :?

Rewards:
scoundrel

Hero:

Postby knightkrawler » September 23rd, 2015, 1:54 pm

Instead of starting with the white, start with black or a dark brown and then, when you go in with white, leave a dark rim. Then go on as you have and see for yourself that the stare will be less intense and everything will look more natural. Do that with every eye color, like with the orc Shaman's red eyes. When you do the black pupil connect it more to the upper rim than to the lower one. I mostly turn the mini upside down and try to put the tip of the brush to the lower rim and just bend it down for the bristle body to do the rest. That doesn't always work that way. You can always go back and forth with the colors as long as you need to.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Miniatures